“Great Food, Amazing Experience”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Ranked #23 of 1,234 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed 23 August 2017

First off, I only go here on special occasions, as it does get expensive quickly, but it's definitely worth it if you're looking for a great dinner celebration! I've only ever been for dinner on weekend nights, so if you go then, be sure to reserve ahead of time!

The service is always friendly and prompt. I've experienced a minimal wait for my table, but I always arrive early too. The greatest part of this is the experience!

You get access to what really is an amazing salad bar, with select meats and cheeses as well as soup to start off with, but save room for the meats! They typically have a dozen or more varieties of meats to choose from and as long as your card is flipped to the green side servers will come around and ask if you'd like some.

Also with your meal you get unlimited mashed potatoes, as well as cinnamon, fried-bananas. THESE. ARE. AMAZING. Seriously, the potatoes are good, but the bananas are incredible and one of our favorite parts of the meal. Ask for condensed milk with your bananas, you won't be disappointed. We treat this like a dessert because after an hour of eating all the meats that I can, I'm truly stuffed!

Dinner can be pretty expensive, but if you want to celebrate a special occasion it's definitely worth it! I know lunch time is cheaper so I'll have to try that someday!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We came here for Father's Day, and had such a good time. So many different choices of meat are available, as well as a salad bar. And, if you still have room after all that, plenty of dessert choices as well.
I recommend coming hungry and skipping the salad bar.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place is a carnivore's dream. Meat walked TO YOU on sticks and as much of it as you want? My husband loved every second of it. As a vegetarian, their salad bar is extensive enough that you don't feel like you're missing out either. Plenty of options to choose from, including hot sides and sushi. Pricey, but definitely worth every dollar!

1  Thank amyadamy
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The salad bar was extensive and delicious, and would have made a delicious meal by itself. However, the grilled meat was excellent! Our three teenagers did not eat $45 worth of food, but the price was fair for a fun and different eating experience. The service was not great. We had a reservation, but still waited 45 minutes to be sat. Then, we were sat in a side room, so it seemed like the Gauchos didn't come by very often. We ordered wine while we waited, which was about $15/glass and was mediocre wine. I would suggest the traditional Brazilian drink, Caipirinha instead - the lime flavor was delicious. All the dessert choices are listed in with the buffet items, which makes it seem like they are included in the $45 meal, but they are not. Of course, you will eat so much that it is unlikely you will have room for dessert.

Thank Deanna Gasparot... K
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of eating here on my birthday with my friends. The food was out of this world. And I have eaten it at very high end restaurants around this country. The salads were some I've never seen before, delicious cheeses, olives, rice, potatoes, plantains and dessert to die for. Everything was exceptional the service was wonderful. The atmosphere was terrific and I had a wonderful birthday. I would highly suggest Texas de Brazil.