The Inn on Ferry Street
US$359
US$599
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsdetroit institute of artsshuttle servicethe main housecarriage housefree shuttlescott housewayne statequichebed and breakfastfresh fruitwithin a mile radiuscd playerpublic libraryhistorical museummidtown areacookiesturn of the century
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I made a trip to Detroit for a concert and thankfully found this amazing property. The buildings are amazing and the staff couldn’t be better. The breakfast was incredible-coffee cake that was the best we have had. There is a shuttle that will take you to any location within five miles of the Inn and free parking. If you want something unique with incredible service this is your place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Holly C, Manager at The Inn on Ferry Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

lumpyviper, we are so glad you found us too! Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Six renovated homes on Ferry Street make up the Inn. With thick carpet, parlors (yes parlors) in the homes, it was heaven. Even if I had to hoist myself up onto the bed which is elevated. Breakfast in the morning was quite good too, with eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, fresh fruit, juice and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Holly C, Manager at The Inn on Ferry Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your review Marie T. We are so glad that you had an 'awesome" stay at The Inn!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I have travelled to MI via Detroit a dozen times in last 5 years and stayed in a different hotel almost every time. I prefer in-town to suburbia (based on meeting locale), so stayed in some chains (Hilton, etc), some local one-offs, but still looking for that hard-to-define best one. I found it! This property feels like a preservation park with quality of renovations & decorations, the staff is tremendous (Antonio at check-in, Charles driving free shuttle to local restaurants, all others), and breakfast was amongst the best I've enjoyed on the road. Location is great near emerging dining/bars and close to highways for easy access at drive-time, so offers modern conveniences but with one foot still in the gilded-age. Cheers.

Room Tip: Each room in each building is unique, mine was fantastic (Roehm House, top floor)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Holly C, Manager at The Inn on Ferry Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your kind review Wanderluster_10! We are so glad that you found us as well! Our team at The Inn are so glad to know that you enjoyed the hospitality and atmosphere our hotel provides.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The staff at the Inn treat you like you are the only guest there. Jonathan could not have been friendlier or more helpful. They will help you with the shuttle bus that takes you anywhere within a 5 mile radius, or with a driver that will take you to/from the airport. Room service is connected with a restaurant that brings delicious food.
The entire collection of buildings are clean, well kept, and furnished with period furniture. Our room was spacious, clean, with the feel of a spa.
Breakfast is included. We enjoyed berries, sliced melons and pineapple, scrambled eggs with fixings, quiche, hot or cold cereal, coffee, and juices in the common dining area of the Scott house. All the guests seemed happy and friendly.
Location, location, location! The conference we attended was at Wayne State University which was only a few blocks away. Museums were equally close.
I would stay here again for the ambiance and to take in the museums.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Holly C, Manager at The Inn on Ferry Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for your review Leslie M! We are so glad that you enjoyed a 'first class experience' with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Inn!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous boutique inn! It’s been one of my favourite hotels so far on my journey travelling around America! If I could give it more than 5 stars I would have!

Firstly, its history gives it such a unique charm; the inn is made up of 6 historic homes which have been converted into hotel rooms. I stayed in Pungs House which has a communal sitting room area downstairs and two floors of rooms. The outside door requires a key card and each door has an actual key lock and deadbolt so it’s very secure! As it was originally a house, there’s no elevators obviously but they do offer a free luggage assistant service where they will carry your bags up to your room!

The inn also offers a free 5 mile shuttle service which takes you right into the heart of downtown! My driver Steve was fantastic and also helped me with my luggage. One night he picked me up and I asked if he would mind dropping me off at McDonalds and he actually waited until I ran in and got some food to go. He offered a five star service from start to finish with great conversation; it’s a shame he’s actually leaving for another job!

Check in and check out were quick and easy and there was even a complimentary cookie and water waiting for me in my room! The room itself was spotless with lovely scented toiletries! The shower worked well and the bed was large and comfortable with NO BED BUGS. This place felt so homey and clean!

It got even better at breakfast time which is located in the main house. They offer a complimentary hot breakfast of eggs, quiche and waffles as well as a vast range of fresh fruit, homemade goodies and cereal. The scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly and the only suggestion I can make is to add baked beans to the selection for a proper English breakfast!

Honestly, I cannot praise this inn enough for its fabulous staff and amenities! I will definitely be staying again if I’m in the Detroit area as well as recommending it to all my friends and family back home! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Holly C, Manager at The Inn on Ferry Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

VikkiBee, thank you very much for your kind review and reccomendation. We appreciate the five stars and are honored to be one of your favourite hotels in America! So glad that you enjoyed the hospitality and amenities that we offer at The Inn. We do hope you make it back to Detroit again!