“An Amazing Date Night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I went for a date night dinner. The ambience here was absolutely amazing! Like our own little speak easy. They had a three piece jazz band playing throughout the night. The food was delicious. The cream of asparagus soup was amazing. I had the filet and my husband had the New York strip - they were not the most outstanding steaks we've had, but still delicious. The carrot cake was absolutely outstanding. Both my husband and I agreed it was the best carrot cake we ever had. We ended up ordering a carrot cake later for my mother in law's birthday, and everyone that had a piece all said the same.
This restaurant is a definite must!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend for our 1 year anniversary. This place was so elegant and beautiful. The service was top notch. The food was absolutely amazing! We had a great time. Would definitely come back and recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Wonderful food. Atmosphere and service were outstanding. So glad to have it back in the Detroit scene.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Growing up in Detroit in the 60's and 70's the London Chop House was the place to be and be seen. Every VIP from out of town made a stop there. But I'm the 80's and 90's, like the city itself, the LCH fell on hard times. Well those times have past and the legend is back in a big way. New owners have upgraded the interior and the menu has a classic but modern feel. Went for dinner on a Friday night, the staff was knowledgeable attentive. Arrived early for our reservation but were quickly seated. Waiter made solid recommendations for appetizers. Bar has a large selection of Single Malts if you like that kind of thing, as I do. Ordered the 35 day aged Ribeye medium rare and was not disappointed. My steak was perfectly prepared and extremely flavorful. Sides of garlic mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower were excellent and ample for two. Had the carrot cake for dessert, couldn't have finished it if you gave me til morning. I give the London Chop House my highest recommendation and I look forward to coming back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I can say unequivocally this was the best restaurant experience we've EVER had !!! The ambience begins when a gentleman takes m'lady by the arm and leads us in. Chandelier lighting, fine leather seating and super-professional wait staff and then the food. Jumbo crab cake(enough for two), fois gras, apple salad then triple medallions of 3 oz. Filet mignons. Oscar w crab, blue cheese and black pepper w butter.The best meal we ever had !!!