“Great old school steakhouse”
Review of London Chop House

London Chop House
Ranked #14 of 1,181 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Ate there twice while in town for a conference. The first night was outstanding, with great service and great food. The second night was busier and there was a hiccup in the service and my order, but I still had a good time. There is a lot of rich history here - be sure to ask about it. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We had a perfect elegant evening and the service, entertainment, food, and drinks were spectacular. Gordon, our server, did a marvelous job orchestrating our dining experience. The Gatzaros Family has done a spectacular job in bringing this nostalgic venue back to life. History was made here in the automotive hay days, and it’s happening again.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Went in to listen to some live tunes and to chill, watchin MarchMadness was an added addition, we even had free drinks due to our great bartender and excellent beef bites! Love the atmosphere I'm glad they kept the ambience from the previous restaurant...........Revisited a few weeks later to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and some of the reviews were correct. Greeted by the doorman, realized as we got to the bottom of the stairs that it was his birthday and rushed to tell him happy birthday. As we waited for our seats we sat and got drinks from the bar. We were sested and promptly ordered our meal. The resturant was lovely, the music was nice. I didn't enjoy my food as well though, I was suggested by the waitress to butterfly my steak filet so that it wouldn't be dry, but maybe I misunderstood, because it was all of the driest steak I've ever had, they never acknowledged my boyfriend's birthday at all, until I said somethimg again then they brought out a candle for his cake. The waitress we had was very pleasant and a lively lovely young lady (Sindhuja). I will visit again for the atmosphere, music and drinks, but I'll eat before I arrive. #detroitchic

1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I left Detroit many years ago and when I came back to visit I saw that the London Chop House was back. A good friend and I had wonderful dinner there. Having been in the foodservice business for 43 years I can say this was one very memorable evening.
We started with Steak Tartare, followed by a spicy lump crab cocktail, both were excellent.. My dinner was Dover Sole, which was the best I have ever had. My friend had Wagu Strip steak which was outstanding. Our server Jamie was knowledgeable about the history of the Chop House and new the menu inside out. What a great time we had!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The scallops were amazing, and I have yet to find any other metro Detroit whose scallops have even come near how great the scallops at London Chop House were. I can not wait to return, the live music was also very enjoyable.

1  Thank quinshene03