Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown
US$209
US$188
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

US$179
US$337
US$259
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$295/night.

US$154
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$285
US$219
Courtyard
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$330/night.

US$144
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$159
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

All reviewsstayed at the holiday innvalet parkingpeople moverbig citycomerica parktigers gamecobo centerfree breakfastvalet staffbreakfast staffjoe louis arenared wings gamehiedowntowngreektownconcertstadium
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed the second year in a row at the Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Detroit. The front desk staff is super friendly and helpful. The food staff, especially Carolyn and Kimberly were very attentive to us and the other guests. They made sure the food was hot and well stocked, and the dining area was very clean and inviting. The food was delicious and kept us full for the day of fun downtown for opening day festivities. We look forward to staying with you again in the future and highly recommend your place to our friends and family.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank tigermoms2014
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Tiger moms 2014,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year. Go Tigers!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

I was just in from a 3/day trip and Tired at 7am Easter Morning. My my luggage had not made it with me along the trip or to the hotel.

As I walked in to check in the hotel I was met by Darius Hollowel. His professionalism was on point & he seem to care about my travels as well as my reservation.

As he checked me in the hotel he upgraded my room to a suite and assured me that if there was anything else that I needed it would be no problem. I like to say THANK YOU to Darius Hallowell for being and exemplifying great customer service.

My room is gorgeous and I will be extending my stay...

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Emanuel C

Emanuel,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge Darius for his efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 4 April 2015

After a long travel day it was nice to be greeted by friendly and helpful valet parking attendants. Helped with our luggage and directed us inside to the registration desk. Friendly person who gladly extended our check out the next day by an hour.
Room (718) was spacious. Rainfall shower head was not very good, low water pressure, but adequate for our purposes.
Breakfast buffet VERY good (came with our room price) Several flavors of yogurt. Hot foods included biscuits and sausage gravy. Although the sausage gravy looked great...chunks of sausage, the taste was not to my liking. Biscuit was excellent. Husband had oatmeal, and good coffee. Attendant constantly involved with cleaning, refilling, etc.
Since I was not able to find a suitable jazz venue with dinner, and our bodies were having a hard time adjusting to the cold weather (we live in Florida), opted for dinner at the restaurant connected by interior corridor to the hotel. (Review of restaurant in another post)
Free WiFi was easy for my husband's phone to connect with.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Friday night, and there was little, if any traffic. Quiet facing the main street. (Washington Blvd)
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KCsew

KCsew,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Express Start breakfast and the service that our team provided to you. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

Great location, nice room, nice washroom, good location if want to take tunnel bus to Detroit. We were there for show at Caesars casino. Lots of bars and pubs no problem finding any type of food. 1 drawback parking isn't included, $16.95 on weekends, cheaper on weekdays .

Room Tip: Stay at top away from 2 a.m. noise
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2015

dROG,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. Please note that parking is included in some rate packages. The cost is consistent in USD, but your price may change because of the conversion to CAD. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

At check in the front desk worker was nice and helpful. We arrived around 1am, so we just wanted to get to the room asap. We had to pay $20 for parking per day, which I would think would be included in on the room rate but wasn't. The valet service was pleasant and helpful throughout the time we were there. After getting to our room, we unpacked and started to unwind after a long trip. I was the first person to use the bathroom, after doing my business I realized that I was locked in the bathroom due to a broken door knob. Lucky I was with a group of people, otherwise I would have been locked in there a long time. After getting out we noticed the toilet would not stop running, the toilet has a button to flush not a handle, we tried flushing the toilet a few times to get it to stop running, no such luck. After that the people that I was with wanted a new room, so we started for the elevator. Once at the elevator we pushed the button for going down and noticed that the "Up" button was stuck in. We had to use the stair to go down to the 8th floor, to call the elevator. After telling the front desk guy our situation, he gave us a new room right next to our room. The new room even smelled better. After that everything seemed to be in working order.

This hotel offers free internet, continental breakfast and free shuttle to and from your destination in the downtown area. The continental breakfast was decent, came with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage/ patties, cinnamon rolls, fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy, juice, milk (chocolate and 2%). Sausage gravy tasted like, fresh out of the can. Cinnamon rolls were a bit hard. Other than that, everything was good.

All the staff that we dealt with were nice and easy to work with. They made us feel welcome.

If there wasn't so many things wrong and we didn't have to be moved, prob would have given it a 4 star. Need to have a little more attention to detail.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Duece Newton,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. Please note that we do have rates that include parking for your convenience. I regret that there were some oversights in your first room but am pleased that we were able to correct this swiftly for you. I am glad that the amenities such as valet, internet, and the Express Start breakfast helped to enhance your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.