“Ummmmm...”

Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

I'll just rattle through here. Multiple hairs left in the bathroom, streaks of cleaning solution on the cabinets, coffee cup leaked from the bottom onto the desk and the glass window had a palm & face print still on it. Front desk was friendly, but took a bit too long chatting up out group when there was a line of customers waiting to check in. Breakfast was okay.
I will say the valet staff was friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Thinknut,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. I am sorry that the cleanliness of the room you received did not meet our standards and that we missed some other key opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. Please know that we will use your comments as training opportunities for our teams. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
720-310-2029 x17

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Had a nice stay here and they were very accommodating with parking for a truck with a trailer. We used their shuttle bus to go to and from a couple of different downtown locations which worked great. I did not get to try their breakfast as we left before it opened. Overall it was a very nice stay and reasonable for the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregory T

Gregory,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We were happy to accommodate your parking and travel needs. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

After a long 17-hour drive on a charter bus, we brought a group of 30 to this property for the Shell Eco-Car Marathon and could not have been more pleased with the hotel property and service. Conveniently located close to the Cobo Center, we were thrilled with the security provided at the hotel, the proximity to the People Mover public transportation system, and the excellent shuttle service offered to get us anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. Everyone from the front desk to the support services on site were incredibly friendly and helpful--there is no way to adequately express how gracious everyone was as well as committed to making sure our stay was everything we wanted or needed. They were especially helpful when special requests where made in order to work around unforeseen circumstances. Special thanks for exemplary service to Darius at the front desk, Carolyn and Joyce in the breakfast area, the entire team from housekeeping, and the wonderful shuttle drivers who served us. Without a doubt this will be our hotel of choice when in the Detroit area again. Bravo!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 14th floor and in an excellent location. We had no problems with noise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank ccb91110

CCB
I am so pleased that you were able to join us for your group outing to the Shell Eco-Car Marathon.Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can hardly wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed the second year in a row at the Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Detroit. The front desk staff is super friendly and helpful. The food staff, especially Carolyn and Kimberly were very attentive to us and the other guests. They made sure the food was hot and well stocked, and the dining area was very clean and inviting. The food was delicious and kept us full for the day of fun downtown for opening day festivities. We look forward to staying with you again in the future and highly recommend your place to our friends and family.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank tigermoms2014

Tiger moms 2014,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year. Go Tigers!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

I was just in from a 3/day trip and Tired at 7am Easter Morning. My my luggage had not made it with me along the trip or to the hotel.

As I walked in to check in the hotel I was met by Darius Hollowel. His professionalism was on point & he seem to care about my travels as well as my reservation.

As he checked me in the hotel he upgraded my room to a suite and assured me that if there was anything else that I needed it would be no problem. I like to say THANK YOU to Darius Hallowell for being and exemplifying great customer service.

My room is gorgeous and I will be extending my stay...

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Emanuel C

Emanuel,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge Darius for his efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!