US$182
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
US$271
  • Restaurant
The Inn on Ferry Street(Detroit)
US$169
Hotels.com
US$158
All reviewsstayed at the holiday innvalet parkingpeople moverbig citycomerica parktigers gamecobo centerfree breakfastvalet staffbreakfast staffford fieldyogurtjoe louis arenaclean hotelred wings gamehiedowntown
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I checked into our room and within 2 minutes of us putting our stuff down we see something on the ground and there was a MASSIVE cockroach!!!! The room smelled like weed and was not clean whatsoever. I was totally disgusted and quickly grabbed our stuff and headed down to the lobby. We refused to stay here. I even took a picture of the cockroach in my phone to show the staff. It was absolutely disgusting. I'll never stay at a Holiday Inn ever again!! Hard to see the cockroach because it wouldn't zoom in! But I would never recommend staying here!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly M
HolidayInnDetroit, Social Media Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Kelly
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to truly apologize for this unfortunate experience you have had at our hotel. We have contacted a pest control contractor to immediately rectify this problem. Once again, I would like to apologize that we missed the chance to provide you with a flawless stay. Please know that we take great pride in the service and experience we provide to our guests and anything less than excellent is not acceptable. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had business over at the Federal Building and the location was perfect. Even better it is Pet friendly. My husband accompanied me along with our puppy and she enjoyed the stay too. Free valet parking, free breakfast, free wifi, all excellent. In room Keurig coffee maker, comfy beds. Housekeeping brought us extra hypoallergenic pillows. I have a strange allergy to down. They also brought extra towels. The bathroom fixtures were older but in good working order, good water pressure in the shower. Wonderful toiletries from bath and Body works. Probably the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at and my list is very long. Super clean and fresh! Love it when there is no 'hotel smell'. We heard Zero noise except the occasional siren/traffic. We slept like rocks!! Front desk staff super friendly and accommodating. We felt very welcomed upon arrival. Rates are a little steep but for the convenience of the location and the great experience, we will be staying here when we travel to Detroit in the future!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnDetroit, Social Media Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Branwen73
Thank you for sharing your awesome experience at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of wonderful amenities that we have to offer. We truly look forward to welcoming you back again!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We checked in on Saturday August 12 for one nite. Arrived at 230 for a 3pm checkin. Room wasn't ready and could not check in early. Since there was a Tiger's game that evening, hotel was extremely busy. Got back in line at 250 and successfully received room keys. Room 1423 was clean. No complaints. Dropped off bags in room and headed back down and the checkin line extended out the door and down the sidewalk. Hotel is in a great location. Easy walk to Comerica Park. Enjoyed post game snack and beverages at bar located adjacent to hotel. Would return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
HolidayInnDetroit, Social Media Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Detroit - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi 265cindees
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Uncouth language. It took over 45 minutes to check in. During this time there was foul language flying between disgruntled guests and the staff. Although it was after the posted check in time, there were dozens of guests ahead of us in line and very few rooms were clean and ready. Staff even admitted that more rooms had been reserved than were even available. After a while the staff stopped helping and everyone was just cell phone videoing everyone else. Terrible.

Uncouth rooms. There was a fine layer of black powdery / fuzzy stuff over most of the sheets on one of the beds. I quickly brushed it off before my wife saw it. In the bathroom, there was mildew between the shower panels and around many aspects of the toilet. There was a hunk of sink cracked away and gone. The air conditioner put off 70 decibels of sound across the room.

We were here for a Detroit Tigers game. If there had been any available time between when we finally checked in and when we had to leave for the game I certainly would have requested additional cleaning. Had we not got back to the hotel so late with our school-age children I would have tried to find alternative accommodations.

Uncouth prices. With tax this terrible place will cost me over $250 for one night.

As it is, the Tigers won an exciting game. My family had fun. Everyone fell fast asleep. We never have to come back here again. I'd advise that you not either.

Goodnight.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank johncalvinwisdom

Hi Johncalvinwisdom
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to truly apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay with us. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training tool to prevent situations like this from occurring again. I can assure you that our staff takes great pride in the service and experience we provide to each guest and anything less than excellent is not acceptable. Once again I would like to apologize that we missed the chance to provide you with a flawless stay. We value your feedback as it will help us improve our quality of service. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

For a business traveler this hotel was located close to my customers and was cheaper than other close hotels. After staying it will be worth it to spend extra money next time. In general the hotel is clean but is either dated or just over used. They have a locals bar & grill attached that was scary, refused to eat, had a drink and went elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hi Kevin D
Thank you for staying with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments. Please know that we are in the process of refreshing some of the guests room and look to unveil a new guest room experience soon. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.