1,104 results
All reviews ford field comerica park great location front desk valet parking within walking distance two blocks tigers game greektown casino people mover couple blocks opera house clean hotel great place to stay sporting events the hotel staff staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Check in for a 2 day stay, paid extra for a suite, $329, plus tax which worked out with $30. valet parking and city taxes to be over $400, per night. Olivia checked me in, I asked for a room up grade to higher floor or a view, she told me I was upgraded, Not true, low floor and a beautiful view of the garbage dumpsters and back parking lot. My house keeper Artis did a great job, and the valet Ryan was also polite and courteous..The door to my room, 421 made the most wonderful imitation of a dog barking every time it was opened, I am sure the guests next door lover the load growl every time I entered and left. I will be willing to bet that the door has been in that condition for many months or maybe years, Don't the maids hear this? The hotel location is pretty good for going to Comerica Park or Ford field, otherwise the Athenium Hotel a few blocks away is a much better choice.

Room Tip: avoid room 421
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Kizzy M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review. I have reached out to our maintenance team to take care of the door on that guest room. We will certainly pass along the kind words about Artis and Ryan. We apologize for the view that you had and that it was not ideal. Again, thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to utilize it to make improvements for the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I was a little underwhelmed walking up to the hotel but the staff was amazing with great service. Super clean and attentive staff. Great customer service and staff at breakfast restaurant and bar were nice: would be nice to have room service past 9 and pool/gym weren’t great but free access to local YMCA.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the staff and your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Clean, quiet hotel located downtown, just blocks from Ford Field and Comerica Park. Nothing too special, but exactly what I needee for this trip. My king room was spacious, with plenty of lights and outlets for my stuff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Weekend in Detroit- met 2 other couples for a weekend in Detroit.
Great location for Downtown attractions-Eastern Market, Comerica Park, Ford Field,the river front, Greektown, tour of The Guardian Building, ect!
Parking was easy in and out. Uber if needed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Stephanie W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and our convenient location to many attractions that downtown Detroit offers! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Solid business hotel with very nice front desk staff. Room is very clean and has everything you need. Central downtown location so easy to walk to meetings. My meeting was at Ford field which is only a few blocks away. Great rate for how central the hotel was.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Stephanie W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and convenient location for your recent business visit. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!