“Authentic Mexican Food & Hospitality”

Camino Real Mexican Grill
Ranked #268 of 1,179 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Private Dining, Takeout
Description: Camino Real's History started ages ago, but if we were to give it a beginning date, it would have to be in spring of 2008 when the first Camino Real Mexican Grill opened its doors to the public. The first location started as a two story house and garage that would later be converted into a beautiful restaurant that could sit 180 guest with a small banquet area. To this day it's still open, located in the heart of southwest Detroit. After years of serving our very loyal Detroit customers, it became time to expand to a new location. In 2014, we purchased our most recent location on Fort street in Wyandotte, MI. With a lot of hard work and a little time we turned the outdated restaurant into a gem. A place where our customers could come with family and friends to share in countless mouthwatering meals and memories. The only thing more important to us then atmosphere is our food. We use fresh, high quality meats and produce. We believe in quality over quantity. Our food originates from Jesus Maria, Jalisco, where everything is handmade, fresh and bursting with flavor. So please come visit us and let our friendly staff serve you a meal as authentic and fresh as a trip 2,000 miles south would get you.
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Camino Real is the real deal. We could tell the food was going to be good when we noticed all of the other customers were Mexican. Great food, very reasonable prices, fast-friendly service, clean, and relaxed atmosphere. Check it out!!!!

Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

I like this place a lot I come here often with my family this restaurant used to be a home years ago but the prior owner neglected it, I believe the new owner took interest in the home and renovated it into a wonderful business and added more space to accommodate lots of people the parking area is fenced in, the restaurant has a lot of space, very clean, nice homelike feeling like something you will find in Mexico waitresses are friendly and attentive the food is great "authentic cooking" and the prices are good and portions are large, this place has a outdoor patio in the summertime you will have a cook making fresh tacos on a flat grill that are so yummy! Oh this restaurant is also has convenient on and off the I-75 freeway

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I found quite by accident a Mexican restaurant with an amazing menu of real Mexican
dishes very much like I had in Mexico and in some cases maybe better. I am very fond of
Mexican food and Mexican Coca Cola especially since it is made from CANE sugar extremely rare these days even in a Mexican restaurant !!! and if you don't think so try asking for some
at any Mexican restaurant it is NOT there period. But enough about Coca Cola what I liked
most was the Steak Fajita the price was more than reasonable and the portions generous
I definitely did not leave hungry and the quality of food was very good.
So the next time you miss an exit off the freeway as I did, it just might be an opportunity
for some excellent dining along with good directions to where you were suppose to be going
in the first place. my hat is off the the restaurant for the good food & directions
Dave Eden

1  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My son heard about this and tried it and recommended it to us on our recent visit to Detroit. This is just off from I-75 on the south end of the city. There is secure parking (fenced in) right at the restaurant. There are three eating areas a lower and upper and an outside area that looks good but not at the present in 20 degree weather.

The service was fast and excellent, the waitress was very attentive and the food was excellent but most outstanding was the value, $38 total bill for 5 dinners and the portions were very generous. The only downside was the upper dining area where we sat was a bit cold but we had just been through a bad cold spell, otherwise a great place for a good Mexican meal.

1  Thank Brian A