“Jazz is awesome, food is delicious, the place is historic”

Baker's Keyboard Lounge
Ranked #4 of 77 Nightlife in Detroit
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Although it's a little tight inside, the atmosphere is a positive, rhythmic vibe that will keep your body moving. The food is delicious soul food fare and in such huge portions that you will require a carryout container.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Known as the oldest jazz club in the world. Amazing little joint. Intimate space with live jazz and fantastic food. The staff are super friendly and make you feel like a VIP. Love, love, love their food, which keeps me coming back.

2  Thank Rosita M
Reviewed 4 March 2017

There was a nice jazz trio playing on the evening of my visit to Baker's. However, the service was absolutely horrible my food took over an hour and when I received my food, it was not what I had ordered. The Waitress never put my order in and accidentally served me someone else's food. Management came to our table and offered complimentary drinks however, I am not a drinker and neither are my parents. The manager said "Well that's the best I can do for you, accidents happen so I cant give you free food." The thought of "free food" never crossed my mind, and from the looks of the place they can use every dime they can get, for a lack of better words, the place looks old, outdated, and run down into the ground. In the end, instead of dignifying the managers insult with a response, we left immediately. We went to Cliff Bells to enjoy more live jazz and a wonderful dinner in a real first class jazz resturante.

2  Thank Abigail W
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is Detroit music history right here - so many greats have played at Baker's! The soul food is good, the service is fine, the parking is secure - don't let the area deter you - I've been lots & it's fine. But do go for the live music - it's awesome! We always go early & get a nice little booth on the side. Right on the corner of Livernois & 8 Mile - south east corner, easy to find! Use the parking lot

2  Thank dalrutz
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

The location was a little scary with all the torn down buildings and tall fenced lots around. It is not very easy to find the place or a parking spot and don't have very high expectations of the place. Slow service, food is very average and drinks not very good but music is good. So eat, drink and go for a couple of hours to listen to the music and have a safe beer and leave.