“Excellent place for Jazz music”

Baker's Keyboard Lounge
Ranked #4 of 77 Nightlife in Detroit
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Sympathic place, music is good and food too. Recommended area to discover Detroit Motown spirit. Musician are excellent so professional.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Apparently this is the world´s oldest jazz bar. This place is very iconic. Really good fried chicken and the most amazing entertainment and music. One of the best nights we have had in a long time.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Although it's a little tight inside, the atmosphere is a positive, rhythmic vibe that will keep your body moving. The food is delicious soul food fare and in such huge portions that you will require a carryout container.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Known as the oldest jazz club in the world. Amazing little joint. Intimate space with live jazz and fantastic food. The staff are super friendly and make you feel like a VIP. Love, love, love their food, which keeps me coming back.

2  Thank Rosita M
Reviewed 4 March 2017

There was a nice jazz trio playing on the evening of my visit to Baker's. However, the service was absolutely horrible my food took over an hour and when I received my food, it was not what I had ordered. The Waitress never put my order in and accidentally served me someone else's food. Management came to our table and offered complimentary drinks however, I am not a drinker and neither are my parents. The manager said "Well that's the best I can do for you, accidents happen so I cant give you free food." The thought of "free food" never crossed my mind, and from the looks of the place they can use every dime they can get, for a lack of better words, the place looks old, outdated, and run down into the ground. In the end, instead of dignifying the managers insult with a response, we left immediately. We went to Cliff Bells to enjoy more live jazz and a wonderful dinner in a real first class jazz resturante.

2  Thank Abigail W