US$138
US$122
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$217
US$209
US$258
US$242
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

US$279
US$209
US$178
US$219
US$204
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$314
1,330 results
All reviewswolfgang puckbathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassconcierge floorcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsroom serviceliving roomindoor poolambassador bridgefree valet parking
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Having only stayed in Detroit once before, I was a little shocked at the rates at this hotel. But I sucked it up, wanting to make the most of our one night stay, and booked an executive suite at about $500 for the night. We were running late, so didn't arrive at the hotel until about 5:30pm. Pulled right up in front of the hotel, a gentleman took our keys for the valet, another helped load our luggage onto a cart - great. A short line at the front desk, and it was moving quickly. I did notice the smell of cigarette smoke, but I'm a non-smoker. Unfortunately, we were told that our room was not ready, and it would be 20mins to 1 hour before the room would be ready. Considering check in was at 4pm I was really surprised. I explained that we would need another room then, because we have to have dinner and head to a show for 7:30pm. She explained that it wasn't possible because once my room was set in the system it could not be changed....or something like that - either way, the explanation was ridiculous. I again explained why we needed another room, she called over a manger. They explained they could put me in a King room - I'll take it. The new rate was lower, but I have no idea if that was the going rate. I was then informed that they would also include a $100 food credit - great!and that the room was on the concierge level - great! The bags arrived at the same time we did. The room was nice, actually bigger than I expected for a basic room. No smell of smoke within the hotel itself. Because we were running even later now, we ordered room service. Unfortunately, I was in the shower when the food arrived and my husband tipped in cash without realizing the gratuity was already included on the bill - it would have been nice if the attendent mentioned that instead of taking an excessive tip. Food was actually good though! After the show we headed back to the casino, and yes, it's was reeking of cigarette smoke. Probably worse than Vegas. We didn't gamble and headed to the lounge - waitress were not paying attention to anyone except the VIPs, the rest of us had to stand in lines at the bar for drinks. We were lucky enough to snag a couple of seats and had a great time people watching and listening to the band. Unfortunately the system for charging drinks to the room was lengthy - they need to figure that out. Stayed til they shut down at 2am, then headed over to the food court in the casino to get some late night eats...it was super busy and surprisingly our Chinese takeout was tasty. We tried to sleep in the next morning but we had people next to us that had likely never stayed in a hotel before. They put the security latch on the door to prop it open so they, and their friends, could wander in and out of the room freely every 10 minutes starting at about 7am. I wouldn't care normally, except that every time they did this, they let the door slam on the latch. Over and over and over again. I called down to the front desk to complain, no answer. So we decided to go to the gym. We also then decided on the super late checkout - for $100, the front desk didn't answer, but the operator said she would take care of it. Headed to the gym but I stopped at the lounge to find someone to help with the situation re: the slamming doors. Unfortunately, my husband got to the people wandering around first and rather than apologize the lady suggested we call the front desk to complain- it wasn't a nice scene. We came back from the gym (which was empty and really nice) and had breakfast in the concierge lounge (great omelettes). By the time we got back to the room, our noisy neighbors had checked out. We changed and headed to the pool. The pool water needs to be warmed up- pleeeeease. Beautiful area, it could use more natural light. The hot tub in the ladies change room had terrific powerful jets, but once I noticed how it probably hadn't been cleaning in a while I headed to the pool. We had timed our time in the pool area so that we'd be back in the room by 1pm, so my husband could watch football, but then we had a situation. I was waiting for him to come out for about 25 minutes, finally asked a male attendant to find him - he told me his electronic locker wouldn't open, so they were waiting for security to open it. My husband came out and told me none if the attendants had a master code to open the lockers, so he had no choice but to wait. His clothes, keys, glasses and room key were in there. A manager (I assume) overheard us talking and asked me what was wrong. I told her and asked if it normally takes this long for security to come, she said no, if they call security they need to come right away. She said she would look into it. By the time he came up to the room it was past 2pm, and the fun, relaxed feeling he had, had disappeared. We packed up, headed down to the lounge for one last drink, then checked out. The bill didn't clearly show how the $100 credit had been applied, but by that time, I just didn't want to go deal with it and trusted it was fine. I would return to this hotel, but I would be quicker to draw problems to a manager's attention in hopes of getting things solved. It doesn't seem that employees are empowered in that sense. If you can figure out how to get a deal on the rooms, take it - because the rates are excessive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear blackhair:

We are happy to learn that your overall impressions of MGM Grand Detroit were pleasant and positive. It is regrettable, however, that you encountered uncharacteristic challenges and concerns during your time with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns, and know we will work to examine, address, and resolve these challenges going forward. We appreciate your patronage and encourage you to make us a part of your future travel plans.

Seth L.

Guest Relations Specialist
MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Resorts International
customerservice@det.mgmgrand.com

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Mini fridges no longer working, room was mediocre at best. This is more like a $150-200 per night hotel, not $350+ per night. i would recommend the Westin Book Cadillac if you are looking for a nice hotel with top notch service. This place falls short. We won't be back.

Dear Emily L:

It is disheartening to learn your experiences at MGM Grand Detroit fell short of expectations. Please allow us to apologize for any oversights in housekeeping or in-room maintenance during your visit. We are grateful for your perspectives and will consider them as we work to better meet the needs of our guests moving forward.

Seth L.

Guest Relations Specialist
MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Resorts International
customerservice@det.mgmgrand.com

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We upgraded to a suite that, aside from the view, was unimpressive. The rate was $565 which was a joke for the quality of the room and service. The staff at the front desk was poorly trained, or maybe the company doesn't care about customer experience. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, and we asked if there was anything that they could do, the woman actually ignored us for a little bit, and then, without saying a word, seriously walked away and went behind the employee only door.

We called for room service and the phone rang for five minutes, before I gave up. We called the front desk for help, and they just transferred us back into the same cue.

There was no menu in the room, we had to use the TV menu, but you couldn't place an order from the TV. Very inconvenient. Meh room. Indifferent service. A poor buffet with uninspired food. And a really smokey gaming floor. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here!
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

we booked a board room and the planning of it was crazy and disorganized. Gal that was our group was server in the board room was FABULOUS!
Check in for a group was disorganized even though it was on a master bill.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stayed here for a Kid Rock Concert at the new stadium. There was a long line to check-in, but Chanita was extremely pleasant, found my separate reservations and linked them up. I was impressed with how calm the check-in process was when there was a good amount of chaos going on with people arriving.

The room was a Luxury Queen, which wasn't super impressive, but it was very clean. We had dinner at Wolfgang's which is always an awesome culinary experience. We easily Uber'd to the concert and back. Some of the people in my group decided to hit the casino while I hit the hay after the concert. It was very convenient and provided many options for groups who may want to do different things.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends