US$200
Hotels.com
US$299
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Inn on Ferry Street(Detroit)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$158
US$286
US$271
1,298 results
All reviewswolfgang puckm lifebathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassthe concierge levelcorner suitenon smokinggreat weekendrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsindoor poolliving roomroom service
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Was here two days (Thur and Fri) to attend a conference on Friday. Previous reviewers were correct, the smoky casino is a real buzzkill (literally).

The faint smell of cigarette smoke permeates the the entire first level area - casino, pub, front-desk, etc. It makes you wonder how the employees stand it. My eyes were watering and I was fearful that my good business clothes were going absorb the smoke. Fortunately it does not extend into the hotel itself because of the floor-to-ceiling glass divider...the entrance is under the watchful eye of a doorman too.

The Wolfgang Puck restaurant, thank goodness, must have a special filtration system because I could not detect any smoke in there. By the way, the food and service is excellent and the sommeller is quite knowledgable about the wines. He patiently listened to my When-Harry-Meets-Sallyesque descriptions of what I wanted in my wine and hit a home run.

The gym is well-equipped and is accessible through the spa, so you have to sign in at the front desk. There are towels and bottled waters at each machine, which I thought was a great touch. Machines were all operational and look like they are maintained regularly.

The room was immaculate. I loved the colors - reds, purples, golds (lamps were white light) with some silver thrown in. Robes, slippers, and ample-sized towels come with the room. The bathroom came with a walk-in shower (overhead nozzle as well as regular) and water closet. (both were frosted glass). I really liked this concept. Good work MGM!!

I also had the opportunity to eat at the sports bar...the food is not very good, even by bar food standards. The waitress, however, was very friendly and provided good service. She asked us if we wanted to box up the food for later...and I didn't have the heart to tell her that the real reason why I didn't want to box up the food. Please MGM Detroit, do something about the pub food.

Overall, I'm giving MGM Grand four stars...opportunities for improvement include doing something about the smoky casino (I didn't gamble because I couldn't stand the thought of spending more time than necessary breathing in stale smoke) and the bad pub food.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mach91
MGM_Resorts, Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Mach91:

It is certainly encouraging to learn that your time at MGM Grand Detroit was a very pleasant and positive experience. Thank you for offering your deeply encouraging review of our friendly service, excellent dining venues, opulent accommodations and well equipped fitness center. We regret you had some concerns about our restaurant Tap, as well as disconcertment regarding casino air quality. Rest assured we will consider your suggestions as we work to better meet the preferences and needs of our patronage. We appreciate your review and hope you will consider another stay in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed 2 nights. Check in was very smooth. Didn't arrive till 10pm so there was no line. However in the past they have been really strict about the 4pm check in time so there was a long line to check in at 4pm so be aware.
The rooms are still very nice. I did notice they have removed the TV from the bathroom mirror and also the minibar has been removed but the fridge is still there for you to use for your own items.
The king bed was very comfortable. The room is a decent size. Closet is a nice size as well. Bathroom has a large double sink area. The shower stall is VERY large with a wall AND an overhead shower. Water pressure is ok but I wouldn't say it is strong.
TV is large enough and worked well. plenty of outlets near the bed and a USB port on the alarm clock.
Hotel valet went smooth. The hotel lobby area has a nice seating area with a warm fireplace and used to have a really nice coffee/hot chocolate station but that has been removed. Security does a pretty good job of checking for your room key as you enter the hotel area.
Hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the 3 sports venues downtown.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear michael b:

Welcome back to MGM Grand Detroit. We are gratified to learn your experiences were very pleasant once again, and that you found our accommodation particularly noteworthy. It seems our location was also ideal for visiting some of the many landmarks around town. Your thoughts about our security staff and lobby are also most encouraging. We appreciate your commentary and hope you will make us a part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms are nice and bathroom good size and well appointed. Friendly staff. Our room missing room service menu. Hotel restaurants are not special. Casino is totally a smoke fest. Worst part was it was so noisy. We were on 6th floor and the noise coming through our window from people partying was so loud at midnight. Very frustrating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear T N:

We are certainly pleased you enjoyed our relaxing and luxurious accommodations. Your remarks about our friendly, engaging staff are also most encouraging. We regret, however, that issues of casino air quality and in-room noise disturbances proved distracting. It is also discouraging to learn that our choice of dining venues fell short of expectations. We are grateful for your insights and will consider them as we work to better meet the needs of our patronage moving ahead.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed at MGM on an overnight stopover through Motor City. The rooms are large and very well decorated and set up. I regularly visit Vegas so familiar with MGM. It is a resort hotel and the casino is the principal attraction. Without unfairly comparing it to MGM Grand Las Vegas, the hotel doesn’t have as great offering by way of food options. The food court was pretty low key and to be honest the casino allows smoking which put me off. However it is a really nice hotel and is within a short distance of the ball park and football stadium which was our main reason for being in Detroit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear geo_somerville:

We are happy to serve as your destination of choice here in Detroit. Thank you for sharing your impressions of our well appointed accommodations, convenient location, and inviting casinos. We do regret, however, that our selection of dining venues, as well as issues of air quality hampered your overall experience. We will certainly consider your feedback in these areas as we work to further enhance our performance moving ahead. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Previously stayed here and had a good experience but today for my birthday, noisy, smoky. Music coming into my room on the 14th floor and I called to have it taken care of and told it was from across the hall and I'd have to move. That has never happened to me. I travel ALL the time. I travel 150, 000 miles annually. Very disappointed as a metro-detoiter. Makes it hard to brag about my city. Also, MGM and other hotels need to advocate for better cab service. TERRIBLE cab service tonight-late to our dinner reservation and show due to cabs being late despite being called in plenty of time. It was my birthday and it was NOT fun. Fix it Detroit. I have stuck up for you for a long time:(

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
MGM_Resorts, Manager at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear 183dianag:

We are disheartened to learn that your recent visit here at MGM Grand Detroit fell short of the usually very positive experiences you have come to expect. Please allow us to apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered, as well as for any concerns you had regarding air quality. We further regret that car service proved inconsistent. Rest assured, we will examine these concerns as we work to make improvements to all aspects of our performance. Despite these challenges, we hope you will consider giving MGM Grand Detroit another try, when next your travels bring you to town.