US$260
  • Room Service
US$196
US$158
Hotels.com
The Inn on Ferry Street(Detroit)
US$169
Hotwire.com
1,413 results
All reviewsboulevard roomroast restaurantmichael symon's roastbeautiful hotelvalet parkingheavenly bedcampus martiusthe club loungepeople moverroom was spaciouslobby barvalet serviceheart of downtownhistoric buildingself parkcomerica parkopera house
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We went to Detroit for to watch the Texans play the Lions. The hotel is gorgeous. The rooms smelled fresh and were very very clean.The staff was very nice and polite.The location is in very close distance to Ford Field and Comerica park. If you stay here you must walk across the street to American Coney and have lunch or a late night bite.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Travelling round the world in a lot of 4* and 5* hotels I truly can’t understand why the Westin Cadillac in Detroit is such high-rated at Tripadvisor. It was a disappointing experience from check-in during the stay and also checkout.
Check-in: I reserved a room with King bed months ago paid with SPG points. Receptionist wasn’t able to find the reservation. Than we got the keys and went to our room. “Surprise” is was with 2 single beds.. Went down to the reception again and requested the room we reserved with king bed (or at least ONE bed). It took a lot of time – be aware we arrived from Europe after 10hour flight and approx. 15hour travel time in total – and we just wanted to get to the room and relax. So we waited again at the bar and the guy from the reception brought us the keys for the new room – upgraded to club level. Sounds good but was not. Smelly floor, small and dark room with “view” to the opposite wall. We decided not to change the room again (reception guy was not friendly at all and because we already saw 2 rooms the hope that one would be better was gone) and better to leave the other day and look for another hotel. So we checked out after 1 night at the Westin instead of 4 nights as planned. Reception wasn’t interested in knowing the reasons why we are leaving earlier – again not very friendly attitude. At least SPG got me some points back – but also paying for 1 night is one night paid too much.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heikeanna
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit was a fun hotel and a great location in downtown Detroit. My wife and I traveled here for a nearby wedding. The hotel is in a very cool old brick building downtown and the design inside is very nice. The hotel staff went above and beyond for us especially after checking into our room and realizing a dress my wife brought was missing. The hotel staff quickly double checked the hallways the bellman brought our bags through and our car that was in the valet lot. The staff quickly located the dress, brought it to our room and apologized for leaving it in the car. We were certainly grateful for their help as that situation could have gone much worse.

The only critical comment we have is that since they were sold out of king rooms we were given a room with two beds. Unfortunately, those two beds were full size beds and not queen beds. This might sound nit-picky but I would think that a Westin would put Queen size beds in their double rooms - full size beds are too small. There was plenty of space in the room for two queen beds.

Regardless, the room was a great size and the bathroom large. 4 stars all day long.

Room Tip: Book a king room - watch out for small full size beds in the double rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KBussema
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We got stuck here for a week during Sandy. The staff were very friendly and quickly got me checked in and to my room. The hotel is clean and both restaurants are really good. It wasn't the worst place to be stuck!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lysalee
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Just returned from a great 2 night stay at the Westin. Great staff, special Kudos to Sylvester. Rooms really are very tranquil, even thought I had 2 children with me. Booked a great rate online through one of their football weekend packages (we were there to see the Lions game). All amenities at the hotel are wonderful. Rooms were very large and the bathroom was also huge. Great valet staff. I wished their club suite was open on the weekends. My kids also thought the pool was a bit on the cold side. I loved the workout facility. First class accomodations!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family