“Lots of choices and very friendly”

Blue Star Cafe & Ice Cream Treats
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Douglas
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 5 August 2018

So many choices of ice cream flavors! We enjoyed stopping here before watching the sunset at Oval Beach. The little cafe attached is cute. We didn't eat there, but it looked good. ;)

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Ice cream was great and plentiful. My friend ordered a hot fudge sundae. Was going to order extra hot fridge but was told thare is plenty already. He also ordered it with chocolate ice cream. He got a sundae with vanilla ice cream and very little hot chocolate. Someone else then ordered a cone with chocolate dip and when it came out, no dip. Was then told that flavor cannot be dipped. Like I said great ice cream, large servings but something was off.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Yes, it was nice in the past. Now it's wonderful. Great feel and setting! Tonia, the new owner has a great personality, is focused on excellent product she works hard to ensure you have a good experience in this wonderful diner! The omelets are excellent! Coffee for those that need and appreciate, like my partner is as he says; REAL GOOD! Stop in enjoy this cute, friendly spot and get a real good meal.

PS we hit the soft serve a couple times a week too and always enjoy it!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Visiting Saugatuck and Douglas and decided to eat breakfast here after reading some of the reviews! I eat out for breakfast quite often and I’m picky about it. This place was great! Fabulous Omelette! Service was friendly and fast. Food came quickly after ordering and it was Hot! Many times you know your food sits under a heat lamp for awhile. Not this place. The diner was clean, with a modern retro feel! Not a large restaraunt but just perfect for a meal with family and friends. My wife really enjoyed the large stack of pecan pancakes. I would definitely recommend and I plan on returning to eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I'm not sure if I've ever run across a cleaner ice cream cafe when I happened upon this place on a hot, sunny Friday afternoon. Attentive service, great prices and a nice variety of choices (on an easy-to-read display board) made this a pleasant experience.

Date of visit: May 2018