“A Sweet Surprise”

Thai House & Sushi Boat
Ranked #15 of 20 Restaurants in Douglas
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This place is fairly new, although the building is not. Nothing inside is fancy or upscale, but our dinner was wonderful. We had a great time eating with friends and telling stories, catching up. The egg rolls were wonderful, and so was my mango chicken. A couple of other people weren't as thrilled with their meals, but I was delighted. I'm so glad to have something different in this tiny little town!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Called ahead for take out as we were starving and had no time to wait anywhere for food in town. Order was taken promptly with friendly and knowledgable person. our order was ready in 15 minutes, just like he said. Veggie stir fried rice and Tai Pad with chicken, and egg roll. We both liked it but I did see another review about sugar content, yeah, there were some carbs there for sure, but it was really tasty. The serving sizes are large. They did give is spring rolls instead of egg rolls, but they were good and we didn’t mind the substitution. I will go back again, the food is above average and close by.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Even with no other people the server seemed very distracted and not attentive. The decor was a jumble that put us off and we were about to leave, but then server came and we stayed. The various dishes were ok, but compared to the other fantastic restaurants in the area it was a waste. I would judge it Thai American style. The flavors were bland.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

There's a reason why there are always so few cars outside this restaurant. The food just isn't that good. On the other hand, if you are dying for Thai food, it's the only game in town unless you want to drive into Holland. Many locals like myself simply do carry-out when we run out of other options and forget that it wasn't all that good the last time we ate there. So -- It's Okay. If you MUST have Thai food. But there are a lot of other restaurants in the area. Nuff said.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Would have never imagined that we would find a great Thai place in western Michigan, but there you have it.

1  Thank tjjourian