All reviewswafflespool and hot tubroom was cleanwould stay here againopen hoursconvenient locationnight minimumwooded areanice stayfree breakfastgreat poollabor daydouglas saugatuckshort drivewe've stayeda great place to staylobby
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Everyone was so friendly that we felt completely at home even though it was a hotel. The lobby was warm and inviting. The breakfast was wonderful. There was a large selection of hot foods and a the assortment of bread items and breakfast sweets would satisfy anyone's appetite. Though we didn't use the indoor pool and sauna it looked extremely inviting. I would definitely stay again and I would recommended it to everyone

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear susanwM8580NI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We love what we do and are truly committed to our guests' experience. I could not be happier than to see that we did not disappoint.

The next time you visit you absolutely must take advantage of our 24-hour heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, and sauna.

Once again, thank you for writing and for being our valued guests. We all look forward to welcoming the both of you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Kudos to the manager Brandon Massey for running a wonderful hotel. The hotel is clean. I thought it was new. We sat down to the continental breakfast at 9:50 thinking it was going to close in 10 min. and Brandon brought out fresh, real scrambled eggs. We asked if he had any bacon left and he didn't but made up a batch for us I never heard of this happening. He is concerned in keeping the guests happy. The pool and hot tub is open 24 hours, unheard of amenity. I highly recommend this hotel when in the Saugatuck area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Joan M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the online community. As I said during breakfast, you will never leave my hotel hungry. Please know that I am truly humbled by your kind words and as it was our absolute pleasure having you as our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future as you will always have a home away from home at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck / Douglas.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

never stay there again, can't think of anything good about it? I felt like it was just let go over the years.....oh yeah the breakfast was decent.
It had a smell to it ....like a basement. A poor value for the money

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Gary W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are truly sorry to see that we had failed to meet your expectations. Please know that our guests' thoughts are important to us and we are always striving to improve our services and facilities. Should you choose to give us another chance I am confident that you would be pleased with how we respond to our guests' concerns.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

hotel room was moldy and smelled terrible of mildew. staff ran a/c and 'sanitized" but chemical bleach smell just as bad. blamed inability to give refund because we booked with hotels.com. simply could not sleeo another night inhaling mold and mildew

cherylmK9599DD,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you had experienced but please know that we appreciate your feedback so that your concerns could be corrected for future guests.

Unfortunately, as you booked a non-refundable reservation and paid hotels.com directly we were unable to issue a credit. My advise to you or any traveler is always book with a hotel directly as online travel agencies do come with certain restrictions.

Additionally, you declined our offer of another room with upgrade and only notified us of your intention to depart at 3pm on your last evening. However, we will still honor our promise of an upgrade anytime should you return in the future.

Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Other than the location of this hotel which is great for visiting Douglas! I didn't feel like this hotel offered me anything for the high price ($200 a night) that they are charging for my Value. The staff didn't go above and beyond and was often asked to wait for them to get off the phone to take care of my questions or check-in.

1  Thank R5827BTjoanneh
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear R5827BTjanneh,

Thank you for your time in sharing your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while we were assisting other guests and that you had not been satisfied with your stay. You can trust that we will be taking your review to heart and share with our team as a training opportunity. Should you choose to visit us again I am confident that you would be pleased with how we respond to our guests' concerns. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next 5 star review.