US$285
The Kirby(Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$350
Blue Star Motel(Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$164
Hotwire.com
Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast(Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$190
The Pines Motor Lodge(Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$319
Captains Quarters Motel(Saugatuck)(Great Value!)
US$129
Starlite Resort(Saugatuck)(Great Value!)
US$159
Travelocity
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubroom was cleanconvenient locationwould stay here againopen hoursbreakfast itemsoff the highwaynight minimumwooded areanice stayfree breakfastgreat pooldowntown saugatucklabor dayshort drivewe've stayed
Reviewed 27 December 2017

There was a fire crackling in an impressive looking stone hearth when we arrived, and the foyer was decorated in that simple but lovely log-cabin style for the holidays. We didn't avail ourselves of the swimming pool, gym or jacuzzi but would have had we stayed longer. There is ample choices of complimentary breakfast foods and coffee available all day. AmericInn is an easy drive to Douglas or Saugatuck with thoughtful staff who made a courtesy call after we'd settled in! The only con: hard to control heat, otherwise, a great deal.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Mari M,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a warm recount of your visit. We pride ourselves on providing a warm, comfortable, and clean environment for our guests' to enjoy. While it is unfortunate did you not get to take advantage of our 24 heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi at least you'll have something new to look forward to the next time we have the honor of welcoming you as our guests. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck / Douglas. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Rooms smell - Manager juggles and has very little in the way of how to handle business- I own a business and his position and this hotel is because the competition is slim not because of quality or service .

Stayed: August 2017
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear sundance000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and opinions. As we constantly strive to improve our services and training I would very much appreciate a moment of your time so that we may discuss your stay in better detail. Should you have the time I can be reached direct at (847) 464-8501. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

arrived in evening to check in at desk ,desk clerk asked if i prefer a upstairs or down stairs room .I t old him down stairs no problem fix me up very nice and clean room good tv and good clean bath room only thing i missed in room was a micro wave to heat up some soup or pop corn. other than that very nice place to stay good breakfast treat in morning but need to have some coffee for you at breakfast .other than that very good place .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear bobkR1646RG,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your positive experiences with the TripAdvisor Community. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time and were well taken care of. However, for future visits I must note that we do have a microwave in our breakfast area as well as a 24 hour coffee station available in our lobby in case you hadn't noticed it. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our valued guest. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My band and I stayed here several years ago when we played at the brewery across the street, and recall no problems at all. This time was a disaster.

Booked a jacuzzi suite for 2 nights, apparently the only room of its kind in the facility. Great room, but in the morning there was no wifi, and the jacuzzi belched clouds of debris into the tub - totally grossed me out. When I complained, I was told there was no “on-site” manager to inspect the jacuzzi, but I could move to another room. Replacement room was not a suite, thus not what I paid for, and the overhead light fixture above the tub was broken. When I complained again and asked to be given a free cancellation of my second night so I could find someplace else to stay, the desk person told me that she would have to phone a manager. After too long a wait in the lobby in my coat, I was told the cancellation fee could not be waived. So instead of getting a free stay for the filthy jacuzzi AND lack of wifi coverage AND unacceptable/inferior replacement room, they let me walk out the door with no effort at compromise.

Clearly no adult supervision here. I suspect it will be “under new management” soon enough. Until then, AVOID!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank B49i4Nhd78d

Dear B49i4Nhd78d,

Thank you for taking the time by responding to share your thoughts and feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we had failed to live up to past experiences nor handled your complaint to your satisfaction. Please know that we do value your feedback and your survey will be taken to heart so that we may better serve you and other guests in the future. Should you choose to give us another chance I am confident out team can make it up to you. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

From the start, reservations wrong, correct by phone twice. Being concerned for my family with young children, I even stopped by the afternoon before they were do to arrive and checked once again if the reservations were correct. They were not. I corrected them again. When my family checked in (I reserved four rooms) they did not have the rooms I reserved. They were told that the room situation could not be correct as there was no housecleaning staff available nor would there be the next morning. To add insult to injury, when my family went to breakfast their last morning, AmericInn was out of most of the food on the breakfast bar. There where no plates and the desk clerk had to go the local grocery store and by paper plates. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Brandon M, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Douglas/Saugatuck, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear ljpyt47,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the difficulties that you had described and that no housekeeping service was available Thanksgiving Day so that they may spend time with their families. Certainly, there areas in which we could have done better.

I must clarify for the TripAdivsor Community that you were provided the rooms that you had reserved. Unfortunately, and despite our best efforts, special requests such as connecting rooms cannot be 100% guaranteed. Although two of your four rooms did connect we regret the 2nd set was not available. I do hope that you had enjoyed the complimentary suite upgrade provided to you for your inconveniences.

Please know that we value your feedback and understand your frustrations. Should you choose to give us another chance I am confident that our team can make it up to you. Once again, thank you for writing and for being our guest.