“Standard Hampton - Far from campus”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Hampton Inn East Lansing is your standard Hampton. Traditional layout with about the same amenities. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly - especially the woman that coordinated the breakfast. Room was clean but did not have soap or shampoo in the room when we arrived.

The hotel is not overly close to campus (around a 10 minute drive) and is located in a pretty busy area (there is a Meijers next door and an Applebees across the parking lot).

Can't say that I had the best sleep. This was not necessarily the hotel's fault but rather the guests. One of our neighbors was smoking a very smelly cigar(s) well into the night. It was generally disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms closest to Meijers. You will hear dumpster related noise all night
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Dear whisox,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback of your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff provided you with the service we strive for, especially our breakfast attendant. I will be sure to relay your message to her. I do want to apologize for the missing amenities and the inconveniences that kept your stay from being a great one. We do hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with the Hamptonality we aim for if your future visits ever bring you back. Thank you for your time once again.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Great location near stores and restaurants. Easy access to highway. Very friendly staff. Rooms were clean and updated. Also close to Michigan State. Good selection for breakfast. However most rooms do not have a refrigerator.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear Barbara L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. Thank you for having chosen our property and even more for all your kind words. I am glad you found our hotel and location to be convenient for all your needs. It is always great to hear about the good job that our staff is doing. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that the lack of a refrigerator may have caused. If your travels ever bring you back I hope you'll choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

This hotel was ver clean and staff was vey friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Pet friendly & no extra charge for pet. Sofa bed was had bumps and ver uncomfortable to get a good sleep. Heating unit made weird noise all night and my daughter had little sleep because of the noise.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear raoy2017,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your stay. I am happy to hear that our hotel was well presented and our staff approachable. We hope that this and our pet friendliness helped make your stay enjoyable. I do want to take the time to apologize for the set backs you experienced. If your travels bring you back to East Lansing, I hope you'll present us with another chance to show you what we are truly all about. Thank you, again.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

People are all very polite and nice! I love staying here and would recommend it to anyone for business and pleasure. I really love that they are so welcoming and have a very good complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear 356abigaila,

We love getting to hear back from our guests about their stay, so thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. On top of that, thank you for your kind words about our staff and the breakfast! I am glad that everyone could help make your time here enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I was not warned that the TV did not work well and that I was across from an office that people would be going in and out of all night. The pool heater is broken. The breakfast was good and the staff was nice.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear 370caseyb,

I appreciate you having taken the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. I want to take the time to apologize for any disturbances you may have experienced. That is not the norm for Hilton or our property itself. Despite these shortcomings, I hope our customer service skills were able to make your stay a bit more pleasant. I would like to assure you that our television service has been updated and our pool heater has been fully installed. If you're ever back in the East Lansing area, I hope you'll present us with a second chance to show you what we and our Hamptonality are all about.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
3.5 km away
East Lansing Marriott at University Place
6.2 km away
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!