“Little Gem”

Hampton Inn East Lansing
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Setup is standard Hampton Inn
Front desk are all smiles and happy to help
Breakfast is very well done, extremely clean and full of great stuff. Make your own pancakes with many many many type of fixings. Lots of fresh fruit.
WiFi 6PM weekday decent, tested speed :
ping: 19ms
UP: 4.33 mbps
Down: 3.91 maps

I loved the energy conservation. Put your room key into slot on wall inside the room turns lights on. I've seen it in many European hotels and I always liked it. One huge difference. It doesn't control air-conditioning unlike in Europe, where removing the key also stops the most electricity hungry appliance, the AC. At this Hampton I was a bit disappointed because the new light bulbs use about 5W -10W. Not having one or two on all day don't leave much of a dent. A 1000W AC compressor not running all day shurly would. First day at hotel, when I left in the morning I left AC on 67F and when I returned, it was blowing cold air and room was 67F.

That said, this hotel has the quietest AC units I ever experienced. They are window units (below the window). These units are usually very noisy, but this hotel has new units with very little sound

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Endre P
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Endre P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am always happy to hear about guests positive experiences. Its great to hear that from the beginning with a warm hotel greeting all the way to a good nights sleep, everything was pleasant. I hope that if your travels ever bring you back, that you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I'm pretty picky, this place was clean, breakfast was great and the staff was even better. A++++ rating. I highly recommend, it was convenient, off the highway with nearby restaurants and stores! No complaints!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear 490juanitas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words with us. I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a great stay! I will be sure to share your praises about our staff with everyone. If your travels ever bring you back I hope you choose to stay with us again.
Thank you once again!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Stayed one night in May. Hotel staff was fantastic. Only comment was to typical hotel cosmetic problems. I Will definitely return. Location is perfect for Michigan State University and surrounding area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Fred V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Although you only stayed one night with us I'm glad you had the opportunity to interact with our hardworking staff. All of us here at the Hampton Inn aim to serve our guests above and beyond their expectations. We will definitely take note of and share your comments about the aesthetic of the hotel with our management. It makes me happy to hear that you will be choosing to stay with us again whenever your travels happen to bring you back. We look forward to it! Thank you once again!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

great price great location great stay. right next to an applebees, grocery store and walmart. staff very friendly. Rooms basic but clean and nice. Breakfast was included and was decent. great price. Hilton honors program here and AAA discount beat online expedia pricing and included cancellation .

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenia P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear chrisdive1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay was nothing less than great! I am even happier to hear that you found our location very suitable for all your traveling needs. As for any discounts, it is always good to ask about them just in case it can save you a couple of dollars during your stay. If you're ever back in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again!
Thank you!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Spacious and clean room. Friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary internet. Convenient location(right next to Meijer and near Kroger). And most important, complimentary and yummy breakfast!!! Staying in this hotel will worth every dollar you spend!

Dear Jiani Q,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent visit with us. We are very glad to hear how positive your time with us was. From the comfort the room provided, to our warm and welcoming staff, I am glad to hear all aspects of your stay were great! Especially the breakfast! If your travels ever bring you back to East Lansing, we hope you'll choose to stay with us again. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
6.3 km away
Residence Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#2 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Hampton Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!