“Night with the Kids”

East Cafe Hong Kong Style Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 212 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 November 2017

My kids were asking for Chinese and they were overwhelmed with how ethnic Chinese can be! The daughters ended up with boring Orange chicken, though I tried it and it was good. My son got the Duck. I'm not a fan so I am biased, but my son like his dish. I got the Beef & Pepper Fried noodles and I loved it. Definitely making the trip back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for real Chinese food, this IS the place! You really need to check this place out if you haven't been here yet. Food is fresh, authentic, and price is more than reasonable. And if you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Nice Thick not too spicy, hot and sour soup for a starter. Then Chow Mei Fun, Singapore style. Awesome! Lots of Shrimp, Chicken and pork seasoned with curry. Medium spice was a bit lite for me so next time I'll go for hot. Rice noodles were lite and not clumped together lime alot of Chinese places do it where I live.

My only beef with this place was service a bit slow. Had to ask for napkins. So I docked a star for that. They were crowded though with only one waiter and one bus person.

However, I will be back. The menu selection is awesome!!! Saw lots of appetizing things on the tables around me.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The food was so salty. I told the waitress/owner about it. She basically blame it on the cook. The price is high for a small place like this. Portion was average.

Then when I tried to pay with credit card, the owner asked if I could pay with cash. If so, she would give me a discount. Then when I paid with cash, she added a certain amount for her own tip. That mean no discount for me. Will not be back.

2  Thank Eat17
Reviewed 4 September 2016

The steamed broccolini with oyster sauce is an especially pleasant surprise and the perfect little steamed pork dumplings are a delicate treat. The many variations on rice (don't miss the congee !) are surprising in number and quality. If you seek something a little different in an Asian restaurant and not overly expensive, you really must try this place. Excellent parking, too. There is a side door you can usually park right in front of.

1  Thank Tom S