“Good food, expensive lunch”
Review of The Laundry

The Laundry
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Fenton
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Met a dozen friends for lunch. Wait staff was pleasant and checked on us often. Food took a long time to get. The food was good but for a sandwich, a salad, two beers and two wines it was more than we have ever spent for lunch. Probably would not go back.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent. Portions are big enough to share. Prices are high but again, a sandwich could be split between two people to save a few bucks.

Our waitress was extremely kind but not very efficient. It took 2 hours to complete out lunch. While we were in no rush this seemed excessive to me. We also waited 25 minutes for a cup of coffee which was eventually delivered with a free cookie.

I give three stars for the little things. Otherwise I would give four. I will go back again and hopefully receive better service.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The brunch at the laundry is definitely on point! Selection is huge and the creative style is something you'll always remember...got to give it to the chef....Well played

1  Thank Eljessespeaks
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We always meet another couple here a few times a year. The waiter was average on this last visit but usually we have the best service. Drinks are presented very nice. Salads, main dish and desserts are all top notch. Menu changes but quality is always great.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I've been here so many times but just never got around to reviewing it.

There is a MULTITUDE of sandwich offerings grouped by type: chicken, veggie, etc. There are several salads, many main courses, sides, coffee drinks, a full bar, desserts, monthly special for lunch (and possibly dinner) and great soups!

Breakfast, lunch or dinner. I've been to all three over the last 15 years. There is often a wait so check what their peak hours are for each meal. Try to come earlier than typical times for each meal and you won't have a wait.

They have a to-go area of incredible treats, sweets, cakes and pastries, and many breads (sadly no longer from Zingerman's, but from a bakery in town, Crust. They aren't bad at all, but they're nowhere as good as Zingerman's (Ann Arbor). Their menu is even a knock-off in its style, print, and fun names and numbered sandwiches.

(The above doesn't bother me or stop me from coming here, but I just thought everything was better when all Zingerman's goods were used).

The interior is very cool; funky and retro furniture like what we had in the 50's and 60's: those metal tables and vinyl chairs. Very cool look. There are two areas to eat indoors; the one by the (beautiful!) bar will be LOUD when they are full. The other behind the hostess main entry is much smaller and cozy and more quiet.

I love this the best: outdoor seating! In agreeable weather as there is only covering overhead, not fully enclosed. It's a small area but a conversation can be heard easily here. The negative is the street can become very loud with motorcycles, trucks, etc., but still I prefer this area in good weather.

Never once had a 'bad' waiter. They all have personality and spirit. The kitchen is fast and servers don't dally. The bar has a huge variety.

Super easy parking right behind the building, but limited. No matter, there are plenty of lots and street parking with a couple blocks. But keep that in mind during nasty weather.

I actually went here 3 times in one month (Sept. 2017), and I drive from Lake Orion which takes 40 minutes.