“Great food at a slower pace”

Local Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #16 of 104 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I had lunch here on the patio with my son in the middle of the week. The restaurant was not busy. I ordered the bahn mi and my son had the hamburger. Both meals were delicious! The only reason I gave a 4 instead of a 5 was the long wait to get our food. The server apologized for the wait, but it was long enough that I probably wouldn't come back here on my lunch break. Otherwise, everything was great!

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the outside dining atmosphere . Diner was a limited menu, bread was extra, no salad with dinner, potions were small. I had chicken got a very small thigh size piece for $19. Chicken was on a bone which then lessened the portion, flavor was good on a bed of rice. My husband had the fettuccine which he enjoyed said good flavor. Wait staff was slow considering it was not dinner hour but 8:30-9pm so crowd was low. I personally could not recommend with all the above points. No for me.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Nice outdoor patio setting for breakfast. The menu is not the typical eggs and bacon; they have some interesting options that were all very good. I had the home made beef hash which was tasty and filling. Prices are reasonable and the server was very good. Will definitely be back to try out dinner sometime.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Great scratch kitchen with plenty of options. The food was very good and the service was impeccable. They have a Sunday brunch available and valet parking if you don't want to brave the municipal lots. Plenty of choices for drinks.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Thought we would try a "local" place for dinner.It was towards the end of the shift,but they told us they were still serving dinner.
Was not impressed with the menu,but chose the lamb chops.service was very slow,and when the food arrived was amazed how small the portions were.The flavor was very good,but for the price it was more an appetizer,than the dinner I thought I would be getting.Between the high prices,and the poor service,I can't recommend this place .

1  Thank Douglas H