“second time was not a charm”
Review of Michigo Pizza

Michigo Pizza
Ranked #50 of 114 Restaurants in Ferndale
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This was my second time and was really looking forward to a vegan pizza since I've had one here in 2014. First off, we had to place our order at the counter and get our own drinks, no wait service. The cheesy bread took at least 30 minutes. My husband got the godfather and said it was good but nothing special. I thought my vegan cheese pizza was supposed to be a deep dish but really wasn't much of a deep dish. We reheated our leftovers the next day and thought it tasted better. Overall, I think the price of the pizza is very steep for what you're getting.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I like to come here with a group of friends or occasionally by myself. The food is quite good & the grinders are the best anywhere! Prices are very reasonable & the seating and décor is fine BUT ... the last time we were here we discovered the service had undergone a change.. & not for the better! Now instead of a server taking your order, you place your order at the counter, PAY for it immediately, and then are handed a plastic cup to get your own beverage from a fast food soda dispensing machine! Someone from the kitchen staff does bring your order to the table but then you never see anyone again ... beverage refill? get up & get it yourself! Was there possibly an issue with customers bolting without paying and/or no gratuity for the server? If so, that's a shame because the food quality & value is right up there. I hope they abandon this approach & return to full service!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

They have great gluten/dairy free options! Really great pizza and an easy location. Will be making a return trip soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

The pizza is good but the staff is way too cool. They're quite condescending. They treat you like they're doing you a favor just being there. Also very expensive for pizza. I only go if my wife makes me, and she only goes if she happens on a coupon or a groupon

Reviewed 6 January 2015

This is a special little place in Ferndale, was worried at first when they first opened, but they have found a special menu that has helped them stay put on 9 Mile. I like that they have a gluten free and vegan pizza as well.