“More than just cars”

Sloan Museum
Ranked #4 of 70 things to do in Flint
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Regional history, historic automobiles, and hands-on science are major features of Sloan Museum. Dramatic settings, video programs and hundreds of artifacts and photographs portray the area’s tumultuous 20th century history in the Flint and the American Dream exhibit. Current temporary exhibit: Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition until May 21, 2017. View more than one hundred of authentic artifacts recovered from Titanic’s debris field, amazing recreations of her famous rooms, and share in the dramatic personal stories of her passengers and crew. Sponsored locally by HAP.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

It is about the development of Mi in general. Genesee County and Flint especially. Heavy emphasis on how we developed from a trading center to a lumber community to a buggy manufacturing and distribution center to cars to where we are going now. But it has other exhibits: Clifford and other children's hands on displays. The Titanic display just moved out.

All reviews
"couple of hours"
"lots of parking"
"few hours"

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

You will learn a lot here. So much history. It's been a long time since I have been here, but it never diappoints.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Entering the Sloan Museum was a wonderful treat as a member of the 'cast' came up and provided my wife and I with a back story of real travelers on this ill fated ship. Gorgeous, over sized photos of the construction and mini-bios of real travelers lined the walls. As we explored further into the exhibit, we witnessed actual items retrieved from 12,000 feet below the Atlantic. An eerie feeling crept over us at the end of the exhibit as we learned the fate of our back story personas. While my wife was fortunate, to live another day, my character plunged beneath the waves, last seen by "my" son who clung to his mother in one of the life boats.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

They had a special exhibit where we were there of the Titanic. Unique presentation of information and way to get guess involved.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't expect I Museum in a small struggling City Like Flint to be so good. But it was packed full with lots of interesting displays on the industrial and Social Development of flint and the surrounding area .
It also featured some Hands-On, and kid-friendly exhibits as well. Some very rare automobiles are also in their collection that you just don't see anywhere else. I would highly recommend anyone stop by and spend a few hours here so we're more about the history of this part of Michigan

Been to Sloan Museum? Share your experiences!