“Best Burger ”
Review of Krystal Jo's

Krystal Jo's
Ranked #45 of 365 Restaurants in Flint
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I have long been in search of a good “bar burger”. That’s what I call the real burgers that are fresh, juicy and tasty. The kind that makes you dive into the burger. I came away saying it was the best “bar burger” I have ever had. No food service French fries at Krystal Jo’s. They are cut right there. Onion rings are not on the menu but tell them you heard about the great onion rings... you might just get the best onion rings ever! I want to try an omelette but when I place my order, my mouth says cheeseburger and onion rings. I’ve always had great “bar burgers” at Krystal Jo’s

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Third day in Flint and by far the best lunch i have had here. Better than the other land marks, and service was 5 star

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I've lived a stones throw away from this place for over 20 years and had never stopped in. Sucks to be me. Did I ever miss out.
I was amazed at the food coming out of this place. Top notch for a true blue collar diner. But anyone would walk out of here satisfied. Luckily, folks around here aren't the type to take photos of their food and put it up on social media, but if they were, this is one of those places. Down right good'ole food. The owner, (I think Tony?), has not a clue of who I am but slaves over that flat top like a soldier, just doing his best, every-single-time. Bravo my friend. JP. (But they should buy the adjacent vacant closet next door and double their space with another table though. Outside of that.....5 stars)

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Great hole in the wall local diner. We always stop in for breakfast but lunch is available also. Very active in the community fixing up and DONATING bicycles for children.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I think if someone is looking for the greatness in America in these times of promises and everything having to be huuuuge and treeeemendous. They should stop for Breakfast in Flint Mi at the Krystal Jo Diner. Its not found in a line of franchise places, or a truckstop,. No, its in the heart of a neighbour hood that is a little ragged and the worse for wear. you may even reconsider your choice as you look from the outside but then you see the signs with a sense of humour, and the fact that there are people in there on presidents day. YEs it may seem a little ragged too, iTs a diner that still has its original linoleum, with famous car doors on the wall made by the owner from salvaged car doors that have been repainted. There are the round stools and the guy working over the grill. This is no nostalgia place but like i have only seen in the US, a real diner, where folks could expect a reasonably priced meal, the coffee is strong but not espresso and everything is made before your eyes and your conversation happens with the back of a hardworking grill chef. You know you are in good hands when you see him grating the cooked potatoes in front of you and the bacon goes on in an ordered line. the ham is real, not ham flavoured slices, the bread is thick and fried not toasted and the menu has many variations on the breakfast and burger theme and unlike so many of the “real American Food” that is promised, this is the real mccoy. The guys working there are funny irreverent and proud of what they re doing, and rightly so. It is the best breakfast i have had in a long while. The home fries are real( see the grating the cooked potato above) There are hot sauces, as individual as this place, the steak skillet lives up to it with real cheese and done to perfection. The five of us had five different plates, five different tastes but everyone got happier with every bite. And the price was reasonable. This is a place that decided that despite the troubles and closed-up businesses around them they were going to still keep making a great breakfast, at a reasonable price for any and all that cross the threshold. That kind of spirit is the spirit I have always loved about the USA. It’s defiant, it’s hardworking, it’s got a sense of community, it’s about giving value and something that can make you proud. If I were president, I would be down there on my day waving my flag and hoping that their spirit spreads to every community from coast to coast to coast. Those people are out there in their communities, quirky, hardworking, giving back by having benefits to give bicycles to kids in Flint, or the equivalent. Do yourself a favour and go out of your way for the Krystal Jo Diner in Flint MI.

2  Thank Connie K

Been to Krystal Jo's? Share your experiences!