“Chicken is good”

Bavarian Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavarian Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Frankenmuth
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: 1,200-seat German-themed dining rooms offer a variety of meals - from Frankenmuth-style chicken to Wiener Schnitzel and other German specialties, vegetarian and Gluten Free menus. Catering available. Lower level Castle Shops include Jester's Cafe offering meals to go and 8 other Specialty Shops.
Reviewed 17 May 2018

My initial sit down was "complete sticker shock". $25 p/p family style dinners. Not really any other options on the menu. But my sister noticed they have "a lunch and kids menu available served all day"! We were able to get so many more choices off the lunch menu! And the kicker was a 2pc chicken dinner was about $10 less (but it was not all you can eat family style). For a family of 4, I saved us about $60 by ordering off the lunch menu!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,560)

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The restaurant itself was once ranked the tenth busiest in America. but... the real attraction is it's outdoor clock, which is complete with figurines retelling the story of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" both in English, as well as in the German.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I didn't get what all the hipe was all about!!!! I really didn't think that the Chicken was that great. People were raving about the buttered noodles also. Not a big fan of the noodles either, kind of tasteless! Would not go back for the Chicken, but maybe try something else.

KimberlyRamirez, Manager at Bavarian Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your thoughts on the chicken and buttered noodles. We do appreciate any feedback. I'm sorry you didn't love those items like many of our other guests do. We do hope you come back and try us again, there are many options to chose from both German and traditional. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

After spending the afternoon perusing the shops on main street, the Bavarian Inn is a great place to stop for a bite to eat or a few drinks.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We had to try to see what all the fuss was about. You sure do get plenty of food.
If you leave hungry it would be your own fault. I did find it to be very plain, boring actually. Not much flavor for my liking. Reminded me of a high school cafeteria. Staff seamed stressed yet is was not overly busy. They dress in German attire for full effect.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the flavor of the foods we offer, as well as your service. If you would like to share more detail about your visit and let us have the opportunity to address things to ensure your return visit, please call the restaurant at your earliest convenience. You can ask for myself or the Manager on Duty and we would be happy to help you. Thank you again. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests and constantly work to uphold high standards.