All reviews renaissance festival pool area bob evans pool and hot tub flint grand blanc waffles exercise room breakfast bar room was clean and comfortable home away from home great place to stay nice stay business trip very nice hotel applebees pillows michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Had to stay at this hotel last minute when the Flint airport cancelled my flight to Chicago due to weather (after delaying for HOURS!)

The Wingate in Grand Blanc is a nice hotel, up to date with good general amenities offered. This is good for business or family travel, with a pool and hot tub onsite (although the only reason this property did not get a 5 star rating from me is the OFFENSIVE chlorine level in the hot tub/pool area...I witnessed several people choking/coughing from it, and I couldn't BREATHE when I sat in the hot tub, and could barely keep my eyes open. The pool was almost the same way, so I left the pool facility shortly after entering as I feared for my health. I let the front desk attendant know (Christine) but she seemed frazzled and hurried.

She was the same attendant that checked me in, and seemed overwhelmed with the amount of calls that were coming in, and people trying to check in (Around 7:30 PM at night). I would say she was not the friendliest desk attendant, but perhaps she was having a stressful day. I was surprised that there was no one else there to answer calls or help out, esp. with how busy the place was!

Anyhow, room was comfortable and clean, nicely decorated. Decent bathroom, although the door was awkwardly heavy and a bit difficult to close!

Breakfast was fine, you could make mini waffles, there was hot meat and eggs, terrible hashbrowns, cereal, pastries, and other typical hotel breakfast buffet items. Heavy on carbs, but filling. Coffee was pretty weak...typical for hotel chains. Coffee in the room was not much better. Maybe I'm just a coffee snob ;)

In a pinch, I would stay here again...the rate was VERY reasonable for a weeknight ($105 before tax, $120 after tax for a king size room). Walking distance to Applebees, but I don't know much else about the area as I was basically here for 12 hours before heading back to the airport.

Travel 9 Taxi was a nice cab company in the area that I'd recommend if you need a lift to and from the airport. There IS a Taxi area at the Flint airport, but there were no cabs waiting so I ended up Googling taxis and calling Travel 9. The rate from the airport to this hotel was $22.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Luke B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Melissa
Thank you so very much for taking the time to allow us and everyone know how your recent experience was while with us. I would also like to thank you for how detailed this is. We have so much to offer our guest and yes some things to work on. Please rest assured I have personally put the pool under control. I strongly feel this will not be an issue again. I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I very much understand when you love your coffee it should also be a certain strength. We so do look forward to the next time you visit our area. I would love to deliver a perfect experience for you and all our guest that visit.
Luke Bradley

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Nice location.In town from out of state for funeral. Stained sheets, looked like wet bed from animal or child. 2 days in a row, no clean towels or emptied garbage. Night desk person awful. Day desk person and housekeeping manager were great trying to fix problems.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Luke B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Robert
Thank you for taking the time to allow us to know how your recent visit was while with us. I am so very disipointed to hear things were not take care of better. We take great pride in serving each of our guest and taking the very best care of them. I can personally assure you I will be speaking with housekeeping and our night auditor to see how we may better serve our guest in the future. I very much thank you for bringing this to my attention so we may correct this for our next guest. We very much would look forward to being able to deliver our very best the next time you are visiting our area.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I only stayed over night due to a late flight, but was very pleased with the hotel. My room was clean and comfortable. The internet was easy to log into. Breakfast was truly continental and enjoyable. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Nice property, staff friendly and professional. The breakfast was great and attendant kept everything stocked and clean. The cleaning service was top notch.It would have been perfect if pool and spa would have worked.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jeff C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our pool and spa had a couple of maintenance issues but was only down for a short time. I'm sorry this affected your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Pool was back open..hot tub not working..not overly impressed with remodeling of pool area..rooms were updated from our stay last year..very noisy facility..breakfast was processed foods, cereal and a few bananas..was appalled to see guests in eating area barefoot..front desk and kitchen staff aware of problem but nothing was said to guest..was glad to see one employee try to control the "mob" mentality of some guests .

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. We offer many items on our breakfast, including fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, omelettes, scrambled eggs, fresh make your own waffles, juices, bagels, toast, english muffins, and a variety of Kellog's cereals. I'm sorry nobody approached our guests who were dining with bare feet.