Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$199
Hotels.comUS$169
Expedia.comUS$169
Agoda.comUS$169
FindHotelUS$169
Lol.travelUS$202
All reviews within walking distance front desk staycation garage shower bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very good time while staying at the Canopy. Great location. Lots of restaurants in the neighbourhood within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The hotel was clean. The rooms were very spacious.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent a night of spring break “staycation” here. Great attitude when we checked in; we felt very welcomed. Room clean and modern. Had a cocktail at the rooftop bar/restaurant. Good selection and location. I would love a place like this for business travel!

Reviewed 23 March 2021

Front desk staff went above and beyond. Restaurant was incredible. Rooms were clean and the to do within walking distance. We will definitely stay at Canopy again when we are in Grand Rapids. I love that they are pet friendly.

Reviewed 20 March 2021

We stayed at the Canopy and it was close to all of Grand Rapids. Jallayna at the front desk was a joy and answered all our questions. Her customer service and hospitality made our stay a pleasure. She was great.

Reviewed 9 March 2021

I expected better from a new hotel. We stayed at the Canopy in DC and it was fantastic. I was expecting more of the same. We were sorely disappointed.
Room was not clean - especially egregious in CoVid times. There were hairs in the sheets on one bed, hairs on the headboard of the other and hair in the shower. It was so bad we had to ask for a clean set of bed linens to change out one bed so we could sleep in it.
The mattress on the bed was collapsed. I spent the whole night feeling like I was falling out of bed. It sloped towards the floor and towards the headboard - in a 6 month old hotel!!!
The shower knob was tightened so tight I needed both hands to open the water. I consider myself fairly strong and I could barely get it to move.
When I shut it off, it dripped constantly, which is why I am assuming it was closed so tight in the first place. I would be surprised if the hotel maid could open it, hence the hairs in the shower.
Lady at reception when we arrived did a good job - although never once mentioned upgrades (Diamond member so I should at least have been told none were available).
When we complained in the morning, it seemed like we weren't believed, which is totally unacceptable. We will never stay at this location ever again.

Room tip: Don't go to 7th floor - right under super noisy restaurant - lot of moving around