All reviews remodeled hotel room preference the hotel staff room was clean grand rapids airport fitness center would stay here again netflix starbucks mirror
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Enjoyed staying at the Grand Rapids Delta Hotel. It was very busy there were three large groups holding events there, yet it was very quiet. The rooms have recently been renovated. They are very clean and comfortable. We never heard anyone else from our room even though the hotel was fully booked. We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate us. They were so helpful. The price great and a great value. Will definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
James K, Manager at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your comments, and I will pass them on to the staff.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Shameful. We were charged for a large pizza when we got a medium. I talked to the front desk worker. He promised to call me back but did not. The rooms are small. They have tried to update the hotel. Some of the things are nice and new, but overall it is an old hotel with a bandaid. The people that work at the bar/coffee counter are hit and miss. One was super friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate; one was part of the overcharging. I was part of a party that all had problems. I will let them tell their story. I was going to give a two star until I started hearing their tale.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff T

I would like to Thank You for giving me your response from your visit with us. I am very disappointed to here that you had an issue with our restaurant and the staff. I would like to know about what happened with your situation and if someone promised to get in touch with you and did not that is not how our customer service works.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I really hate to post a negative review, but my company has a corporate account here, and I am very disappointed. I forgot my shaving kit, and was told no problem. What do you need? A toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant would do it. Got a toothbrush, got deodorant. Desk clerk actually came to my table to tell me that toothpaste was at the front desk for me. Stayed at the restaurant bar for drinks, then at 12:20, went to get the toothpaste. Not happy when there was none, since I could have bought it, but was told that it was at the front desk. Early appointment tomorrow, and now I have to find a store first.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
James K, Manager at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Sorry to Hear that we did not follow thru on a promise. We will make sure that next time that we offer to deliver the items to your room and have them already in your room when you get there. What you have brought to my attention will be a great tool for me to use for the training of my staff to assure that items we promise are delivered.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Went for the weekend and had NO idea where I was going. Happened to do some research on the area and found this great little hotel. One of the Marriott's brand. Yes, its close to airport, affordable, great little bar you can relax at and had an awesome breakfast!!! The room was clean and the bed was AWESOME! In a great location with fun restaurants and a Starbucks right next door (if you like Starbucks). Easy to get around and close to I96 and 196.

Room Tip: no views, but great location. A/C works great and the room had black out drapery.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Stephanie B, Director of Sales at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, amenities and location with close proximity to everything. We hope you'll stay with us the next time you travel to Grand Rapids

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Staff at check in were very pleasant, but that was about all this had going for it. The location is not really all that close to the airport. Seems like the ground floor lobby and restaurant area were recently upgraded, but rest of the hotel was left behind. Floors with rooms are grungy, dirty, and dinged and older decor. Stairwell and pool area were really run down. Room was dark. Bathroom was tiny; sliding door into bathroom hid the light switch. My room "faced" the indoor pool, so it strongly smelled like chlorine. AC made a lot of noise.

Room Tip: Room next to the elevator was very loud.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank NinaPintaStaMaria
Stephanie B, Director of Sales at Delta by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Nina,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry to hear that we did not provide you with an exceptional stay. Please know that your comments have been relayed to the appropriate departments so we can correct them.