“Their tacos are the bomb!”
Review of Taqueria San Jose

Taqueria San Jose
Ranked #169 of 963 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Their goat tacos are so good! They are something you think about and crave. The meat is tender and shredded in your taco, the sauces are delish and spicy! If you love authentic, go there!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We didn't like it all. My chicken taco was nothing but a few small dry pieces of chicken with cilantro. The steak wasn't any better. Waited in line with only two people and took forever. This place is a hole in the wall in a very sketchy area. I don't recommend this place at all. They were cheap but you can go to Taco Bell for cheaper food and better tasting and not have to wait.

3  Thank readytotravel222
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I was in Grand Rapids just for the day, for a class. One of my fellow classmates suggested Taqueria San Jose for lunch. Just a little place, with a lot of outdoor seating. My steak burrito was very flavorful and filling. If I'm ever in GGR again, I know where to get a great meal.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I was pleasantly surprised to get a taste of Mexico, for me a Texan a taste of Tex-Mex in western Michigan. My taste buds were tingling and the chicken tacos were mui delicious. I'll comeback.

1  Thank frankochief
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

After seeing a review of this place in the Grand Rapids press a few years ago, we have become frequent visitors. Although the wait time is sometimes on the longer side, the food is delicious and authentic. Asada tacos are to die for. At $2.00 a taco, it makes for a very inexpensive, yet very satisfying meal. The 3 homemade salsas offered are all delicious. I can never decide which one to use, so I usually put them all on. The restaurant is located in a rougher side of town, but don't let that deter you from trying this wonderful place. You'll always see a mix of local residents, hipsters, and working professionals at lunch time. In the summer, sitting outside is a great option