“Authentic Mexican Food”

El Caporal
Ranked #367 of 964 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 March 2016

VERY affordable! Place is always hopping. Make everything from scratch to order. Highly recommend the Alhambre? I know when I see it on the menu! Plate consists of rice, guac, refried beans, lettuce, tomato,
chicken, beef or shrimp (we usually get the deluxe plate, which comes with all 3) and a foil wrapped pouch of freshly made, soft, warm corn tortillas. Usually 5, but just ask for extras when you order and they'll throw them in no charge. My wife and I usually split an order, there's that much. OH! And make sure you ask for the grilled veggies (also no charge) Grilled green onions, radish slices and jalapenos. Also, try their Horchada. Sweetened rice milk, VERY delicious. We get cravings for this place, it's THAT good! We had never tried beef tongue before, and she brought us a very generous portion to try - No charge. Can't praise this place enough.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Walked in, seated ourselves as directed, all empty tables were dirty so chose the cleanest of them. Waited over 10 mins for someone to come out and wipe down the table and another few for them to bring menus. Ordered drinks and again waited for them for well over 5 mins & then she brought me the wrong drink. Ordered and waited 25 mins for 4 tacos & a gordita. When the tacos arrived after 25 mins they were wrong again! Worst excuse for a gordita I have ever seen. This place serves food far from Authentic. Horrible service and horrible food. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE EVER!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

You can find real Mexican food, prepared by Mexicans . The staff is very friendly .The food is delicious.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

We ate the Tacos Darados (I think that was the correct spelling). It was a fried taco, basically. YUM! At about 7:30ish tonight this place was VERY busy but the staff was friendly and hard working. I will definitely go again!

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Best place to eat at an affordable price. Go there at least once a week. Fast and friendly service. Always busy around lunch time. But they are quick to get your order out.