“Fresh Food”

Ranked #24 of 963 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A former 1920's neighborhood service station finds new life as a full service bar serving truly authentic Mexican food.
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

The food is good and uses fresh ingredients. Delicious. My partner had the flautas de pollo and liked them so well she got two more orders to go. I tried three different tacos: carnitas, pescado abd borrego. All were very good. My only suggestion would be to either use a larger tortilla or supply two. You basically have to eat half the filling with a fork before being able to sensibly eat the taco as it should be-picking it up.
The frijoles charros were more akin to refried beans, but very tasty.
Good fresh food and good service. A good place to chat.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is located in an old gas station. The atmosphere is a little industrial, very welcoming. Staff was excellent, food was exceptional, the raspberry margarita is a must order. I'll definitely go back next time I'm in Grand Rapids.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Already planning a return trip! Great atmosphere. Great service. Awesome, fresh, unique food and margarita selection.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The food is excellent and service is very good. Its not a big place but there is plenty of outside seating. Great for lunch, and dinner would be fine if sitting outside is not out of the question.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

There are many reviews of this place so let me just hit the key items.
The place is small, so seating could easily be an issue though we did not have a problem on a Tuesday night. It is located in a downtown residential area so there is no parking, be prepared to park on a side street and walk a few blocks. The food is primarily different versions of street tacos, I had the Pastor (pork shoulder) Gringo(ground beef) and Panza (pork belly) We also had the guacamole, queso and chips. For dessert we tried both the churro and cheese cake empanadas. All of the three types of tacos I tried were very good. Three makes for a good size meal. The chips queso and guacamole were also very good. The churro was basic, no different from those at a state fair, the cheesecake empanadas were a little bland and I would not recommend them. The service was adequate. The place overall is hip and cool and I get it. The only part I don't get is serving your table's meal family style. Our table of 5 ordered 3-4 tacos each but they were brought on trays together. Since the menu does not have pictures, you don't know what the tacos you ordered look like. This requires the waitress to explain them to you. So instead of bringing 5 individual plates of what each of us ordered, they brought 4 plates with same tacos grouped together. This is the hip cool part I don't get. Overall the food is good and I would go back but just give me what I ordered so I don't have to ask my table mates what did I order, which ones are mine and a please pass them down.