“Should have had more fish tacos!”
Review of Luna

Luna
Ranked #70 of 997 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

This place is lovely. Got three tacos - fish (waitress recommended), beef (asana), and chicken. I don't usually trust waiter recs for some reason, probably some childhood thing, so I only got one fish taco. It was soooooooo good. Blackened Mahi. Beef one was really good too. Chicken one was bland and mealy - bad. I loved the flight of salsa and the guacamole. Good time. Just wish I had one more fish taco.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Came here with a large group. The service was so slow...they must be understaffed. A little frustrating...

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Great addition to GR dining scene. Nice ambience, spacious, able to converse. Perhaps menu can be considered limited, what is offered is very solid commencing with chips, guacamole are great appetizers. Cheese spread was a bit liquid for my taste. Accustomed to a ceviche with more liquid and flavor. We ordered shrimp, chicken and beef for fajitas and it was great. One guest is vegetarian and he was accommodated with veggie, bean and cheese fajitas. Black beans were superb. Wine was good, beer selection along with other libation options did the trick. Courtney provided outstanding service.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Had dinner with friends on a Saturday night. Had reservations and were seated on time. They have a good menu, not your normal Mexican fare. The emphasis is on local, fresh ingredients. A twist is Michigan farm raised shrimp. Really. It is grilled and good. Good wine menu, several craft beers, good service. The owner stopped by several times and dropped off a complimentary desert, a Caribbean flan, with a house caramel sauce. Incredible. Will be back soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Luna is a nice addition to the GR restaurant scene. It has some good things going for it, and some things where it falls a bit short. The good: fun atmosphere, nice downtown location, great chips and guac. Some areas where it fell short: the pork tacos were a bit dry. Fish tacos were good but not blow you away good. Not as creative on the taco front as the Donkey a mile or so away. Draft beer list a bit short, and were out of two beers the waitress mentioned. Oddly, I asked for a Crooked Tree IPA and was brought a Narwhahl Imperial Stout with no mention that it wasn't the IPA I ordered. When I checked on it, I was told that they were out and had replaced that line with the Stout. That's nice and good but if I had wanted a Stout, I would have ordered one! They did replace my draft with a bottle of Two Hearted. All good, just a bit odd. Overall, a good experience, but if we want creative Mexican, we prefer the Donkey.