“Worst Food Ever!!!”

El Burrito Loco
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Grandville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 May 2016

Worst food I've had in a very long time.

The 10 year old was the first to complain about a corn dog. It tasted like it was stored with other food unwrapped. It was not cooked long enough, outside was not crisp. Chocolate milk was not cold and barely chocolate flavor. Was told they mix it themselves. When asked about more chocolate in the milk, was told "no that how we do it".

We also ordered:
Taquitos Mexicanos : Four crisp fried corn tortillas, two beef and two chicken, garnished with shredded lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream. Your choice of rice or beans.

Pollo Supremo : A rich and flavored dish of chicken and onions simmered in a creamy white mushroom. Presented with guacamole salad, rice, beans and three tortillas.

The Taquitos were not consistent:
Chicken: One would be full of chicken the other barely had any.
Beef: One had just the meat, the other had onions and other stuff in it. WRONG!!!
The rice was very over cooked and bland.

The Pollo Supremo: The chicken breast was cut up into small little pieces, sized for a 2 year old. Usually the breast it pounded out and served whole with the mushroom and onion sauce on the top. There was no guacamole salad. Rice very over cooked and BLAND!

We asked the waitress several times about the various food inconsistencies, she would go and check. Every time she came back with "that how we do it". When we brought issue of missing guacamole salad she said " it doesn't come with, nothing does she could bring it for an extra charge, $3".

Could not get a Manager to come and discuss the food either!!!

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!! We have had good food and service at the other El Burrito Loco locations around the GR area.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Interesting visit to El Burrito. We had visited once several years ago, and decided to try it again.
It was early on a Saturday evening and there were only a couple of groups in the restaurant. We were seated very near the door, which is a bit of an odd place to seat people in an empty restaurant, but OK. We were given chips and salsa, which were very good. Salsa was very fresh! But then for 20 minutes.... nothing.
Wait staff was milling around, but no one payed the slightest bit of attention to us!! We had no drinks, not even water. Wait staff had absolutely nothing else to do! 3 of them cleared a table, and then they gathered in a corner and were talking.I was pretty incredulous. I finally flagged down the hostess, and she sent a waitress over. The waitress explained that our assigned waitress "wasn't here yet." Very strange that they would seat us at a table in an empty restaurant that had no waitress! The waitress grudgingly took our order. By the time our food arrived, our new waitress had too. She was very pleasant and attentive. The food was pretty good. I had chicken soft tacos, and my husband had the burrito. Ample portions, nice and hot.
So food was good, service not so much.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Never having been there, was easily found on Ivanrest Ave in Grandville.. Walked in, resembled El Rancho. Found out that it is the same owner. The decor is more subdued neutral colors, with nicely painted wall murals. Very nice, with out all the busyness of so many colors. My preference is this place. The music could be toned down, as it has very high ceilings and the volume carries/echoes. Acutally, it bothered our ears. They definetely could and should improve on that. Not everyone can stand loud music/noises. The menu must also be the same as El Rancho, but i sure liked my meal of "southwestern chimichanga" and my husband LOVED his mucho grande buritto... was made with seasoned steak.. instead of hamburger.... He will re-order and we will be a re-turn customers.
Prices were good, portions plenty, and just had a great meal, starting with fresh salsa and chips on the house....which was zesty enough without it being too spicy-hot. All in all a good experience and tasty food.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Very authentic with good hand painted secure. Structurally, they have designed the interior to what you would expect the exterior of a typical Mexican town to be. The server was friendly and quick. The lunch crowd I experienced was light, so our food was exceptionally quick to get out. The food was good and authentic. Would return.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

After trying to get seated several restaurants in Grandville on a Saturday night, my friend and I landed upon El Burrito Loco. I had never been there before. We were seated at a table very quickly, and our server was excellent! I ordered the "Acapulco" which was delicious. The food and drink was very reasonably priced. I will definitely be back.