“If only are stomachs were bigger.”

Crane's In The City
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Holland
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: This restaurant opened July, 2010 in the downtown area. Everything is homemade with local ingredients; desserts made with Michigan fruit. Wonderful!
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Tripadviser led us to this restaurant for lunch after visiting the Holland Windmill.

My daughter and I split the Cristo sandwich, thinking we could order pie for dessert. The sandwich was one of the best meals we had on our Michigan road trip. We loved the crisp apples in the sandwich. The bread is lightly crusted, so it isn't too sweet.

My husband had a Reuben sandwich that was also exceptional.

We sat outside the restaurant and enjoyed the comings and goings of the summer tourists.

We were all too full to have a piece of Cherry pie. We had been having ice cream every day, so we decided to skip dessert. In hindsight, we should have had pie and skipped the mediocre dinner in Grand Haven.

Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Wow! So glad you had a wonderful experience. Please come back,
next time have your cherry pie first and then sandwich. So happy to
hear the nice comments. Thanks and have a great summer!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Stopped in for dessert and coffee close to closing time. Two young ladies who were working were very friendly and welcoming. Gave us recommendations and apple cider donut chip samples even though it was late. Decaf coffee was best I have had. Raspberry pie was scrumptious - flaky crust and full of fruit. Apple cider donut chips are a unique treat. Can't beat the phenomenal service with warm smiles even when we left at closing time.

Management response:Responded 16 July 2017

That is so nice to hear and thank you for taking the time to write. We do have wonderful employees and I'm so happy when I hear positive comments from our customers. This makes me smile and so glad you had a good experience. Hope you'll be back!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were shocked to see Crane's in Holland! We go to the orchard in Fennville but didn't realize there is a store/restaurant in Holland! I had a piece of pie which is always great!!! My boyfriend had a hot fudge sundae with a cinnamon donut, it was awesome! Will go back for sure!

Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Aw so glad you discovered us!! It will be 7 years the end of this month. Come back again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Visited recently with my family including my young son, teenage nieces, mom and sister. Everyone loved the food here and we found it to be very affordable. My sister and nieces loved the lunch so much, they went back for Pie and said it was amazing. Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank lougordon1306
Management response:Responded 16 June 2017

So glad you had a good visit! Thanks for the nice review. Come back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

The restaurant is located on the main street and while the restaurant may be small, the sandwiches are large! The City Cristo sandwich is to die for: Turkey, provolone cheese, apple slices, and honey mustard dressing, toasted on our famous apple butter bread, sprinkled with powdered sugar. We originally bought one sandwich to split but ended up purchasing a second sandwich. You order at the counter and a server brings your food to you. The cherry pie and apple cider were also favorites for our group.

Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

So happy to hear you enjoyed your Cristo! Come back again soon!