All reviews safe bet waffles room was clean the breakfast area an overnight stay night manager business trip holland area shopping and restaurants free breakfast coffee maker nice breakfast three nights lake michigan pool and hot tub jeremiah valerie
Reviewed 23 July 2018

In town for our grandson's baseball games, hotel in a very good location but the hotel is really showing its age. I am surprised it meets Marriott's standards since they are very strict. There is a lot of competition around them, also two new hotels being built right down from them. The Hampton Inn next door is very nice & I did checkout the Courtyard downtown and it is great, that would be my choice whenever in the Holland area next time. I am a Marriott person so our loyalty is with them but I personally don't think I would stay at this property again. I skipped breakfast since I don't eat chicken sausage or vegetable sausage. My husband had oatmeal & yogurt. Coffee was fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Chelsea B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Tagent22,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We do have a lot of newer hotels coming up in our area and the Courtyard downtown is only a year old so they will look a little more up to date, along with a higher price point. We should be due for a remodel shortly. For breakfast we do have the veggie sausage but the other sausage we serve is a pork sausage.
I do apologize that we could not give you the stay that you desired, we hope that with our continued efforts you might stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We travel a great deal for softball and Fairfield Inns are always our go to. We stayed here strictly for vaca thinking it would be the same great experience we always have but was disappointed. I read the reviews prior and read that in the past year the hot tub was broken. Well a year later...... ITS STILL BROKEN!!! They don't tell you this when you book ( although after the reviews I should of asked). My guess is they do not plan on fixing the hot tub anytime soon. I would rate the cleanliness a 2 out of 5. It wasn't so dirty I didn't want to stay but it's not sparkling clean either. It looks outdated, yet they attempted to add some contemporary decor like some of the new built Fairfields I have stayed at in the past. Breakfast was good and the pool was clean. The Best Western next door looks pretty cool though. Maybe next year!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Chelsea B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear dh2maurer,

We want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out a review. Our hot tub has been out for quite a while, we have been working with our corporate company to get this fixed, since it is such a big repair they are needing to sign off on this. I do apologize and I understand your frustration. We want nothing more than for our guests to be able to enjoy all of our amenities as well. I am sorry you felt our hotel was not clean, we actually have excellent cleanliness scores and should be up for an up date soon.
We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests you will give the Fairfield another try next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in need of some major repairs. In addition, it’s just not that clean.

The pool hot tub had been broken for 6-12 months. We weren’t informed of this when we made our reservation (this would’ve altered our decision to stay here). The hotel staff said they informed corporate on multiple occasions, yet “they are at the mercy of when corporate allows for this repair to happen”.

Upon check in, the hotel advised us that our baseball team’s request to be grouped together couldn’t be honored (although, upon making the reservation, they said this request was no problem) due to the hotel being sold out. No big deal, but annoying that this was the hotel’s second strike.

Once assigned our room on Friday, we immediately noticed our air wasn’t working. We requested it be repaired. The front office informed us that they would get it fixed. We weren’t back to our room until late Friday evening (after 11), and we’re greeted by the same hot and humid room. Unfortunately, my kids were already falling apart and i needed to put them to bed immediately. So, it wasn’t until Saturday morning that i, once again, asked them to repair it or move our room. They couldn’t give us another room because they were sold out. The front desk agent said they would look at it again. I visited the front desk on 2 more occasions, all to no avail. WE HAD NO AIR FOR OUR ENTIRE STAY (FRIDAY - SUNDAY).

Our room also had a wobbly toilet seat cover. My 3-yr old literally fell into the toilet due to the instability of the toilet seat cover.

On top of all of this, the rate was $169 pretax. What a MAJOR rip off. I have no problem paying money for a good room, however, this was not the case at this hotel.

Marriott Hotels should be ashamed to label this one of their hotel brands.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ioanabenezra
Chelsea B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Ioanabenezra,

Thank you for your guest feedback, both positive and negative feedback are taken very seriously at our location. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us and I apologize we were not able to meet all of your needs. Customer service is extremely important to us and I will be addressing your comments with all parties involved. We always do our very best to accommodate a guest request, we did our best to have all the baseball teams together. I do apologize about the air unit not working in your room, and apologize for not being able to transfer you to another due to being sold out. As far as our hot tub, yes it has been down for awhile and yes we are still waiting for corporate to have it fixed, having it open would be unsafe for our guests, we want nothing more than for it to be up and running for our guests once again to be able to enjoy. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a softball tournament. They worked well with all of us. The pool was clean. Hot tub was out of order. They bent over backwards for these little girls. The breakfast buffet was great!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel with family and booked 2 rooms (king size beds) so this recommendation reflects the views of the other couple as well. The check-in was efficient. All our interactions with staff were friendly. The rooms are very clean and modern looking. The beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was great. Everyone thought the showers were fantastic. Our rooms faced the road so we could hear the traffic so you should request a room at the back of the hotel. The elevator is slow and there are only 3 floors so it is much faster (and healthier) to take the stairs. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family