US$142
Country Inn
US$130
US$112
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Super 8 by Wyndham Houghton(Houghton)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown(Hancock)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$99
AmericInn by Wyndham Calumet(Calumet)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$149
All reviewsfifth floorbreakfast ladyodd layoutcookiesthe usual fareboiled eggsnice breakfastthe riverski hillhotel is locatedroom was cleankeweenaw peninsulathe breakfast areahot tubdowntowncarpetinghandicapped
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Was traveling to Houghten and this hotel looked interesting. Decided not to book here because of horrible reviews. Instead, booked a nice place out of town (we need pet friendly). Just for kicks stopped to look at a room when we arrived to see if reviews were accurate. They are! The layout is crazy. Rooms ok if u r looking for a "cell". Did not stay here. Super 8 on waterfront is awesome (though not for pets). Magnusson takes pets...it's OK

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Due to the high occupancy rates at other hotels in the area I usually stay at, I found a room for several weeks for business at this downtown Houghton hotel.
The good: convenient to downtown and MTU; free parking; decent breakfast.
The not-so-good: the hotel is laid out very weird as multiple people have commented on; parking can fill up quickly; windows rattle when anything like a loud truck rumbles by or a laundry machine down the hallway starts its spin cycle; you can hear everyone in the hallway - and not just your hallway, but the hallway above you too (talking, running, opening and closing doors); with the only window in the room facing the hallway right outside your door, if you want privacy all day, you'll have to leave your curtains shut so people walking past your room don't get a full view of you sitting in your room; and finally, when I arrived to check in my first night, I went up to the room and found all the lights on, and the door unlocked with the security latch tucked between the frame and the door. I don't know if this was their way of welcoming me to my room, but I was a little concerned about the door being open, so knocked and entered cautiously. For security reasons I believe this is bad taste if the hotel has the doors pre-opened for guests arriving. One of the pillows on one of the beds looked like someone had perhaps laid on it, so that made me wonder if someone else had been in the room before I moved in.
The worst part about the stay was the noise. There was no way to keep the fan running all night, so I had to run a white-noise app on my phone to drown out the kids running up and down the hallways and stairs to get to their rooms or the swimming pool. I also had to fold up a piece of paper to tuck between the window frame and the glass, since these old style windows rattle so much when outside factors cause them to shake.
The beds were okay - did the job. The room was somewhat clean, but a preliminary finger wipe of the headboards found them to be very dusty. Since the bathroom is so tiny, it doesn't look like they normally go into the bathroom, close the door, and then clean behind the bathroom door.
I would stay here again, but only if all the other nicer hotels were booked up.

Room Tip: Top floor is probably the best, since noise above seems to travel downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Quality may be in the name but this particular hotel is anything but! Stayed in room 105, i am assuming all of the 100 rooms are similar.
Whatever "renovations" they have done recently were not. The door and hanger rack appear to be original. No screens on the windows (not that they go outside anyway) and it stunk to high heavens. I am too minnesota nice: i should have asked for a different room considering the $150 price tag .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The room was generally ok. The WiFi, well the best that can be said about it on the 1st floor was that there was almost one bar worth of signal strength. Of course it would not connect for more than a minute at a time, so totally useless. There was no safety latch on the door and the air conditioner was set to heat... in August.
The building had an odd layout, stacked in against the hillside. Looks like an older hotel with outside doors had been enclosed. The halls, stairs and ramps were all a tad noisy.
Given the steepness of the ramps on the third floor (where the elevator could take you) it would take quite a bit of work for a wheelchair to make it to the breakfast room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This has to be the worst hotel in Houghton. It's a converted motel. We paid over $170 with taxes to stay here. The front desk sent us to a room on the 3rd floor that was about 120 degrees, and they sent us to a room occupied. The door was open and two naked folks were sitting on the side of the bed. I went down and complained, and they sent us back to the 3rd floor to another room. The AC is vented into the hallway and it smells. I am disabled and the elevator is no where near the lobby. I complained and got no relief. Seriously, if this was the last hotel in town, I'd never stay here again, ever.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family