US$169
US$140
HIExpress.com
US$130
Super 8 by Wyndham Houghton(Houghton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$155
Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown(Hancock)(Great Value!)
US$99
AmericInn by Wyndham Calumet(Calumet)(Great Value!)
US$139
All reviewsfifth floorbreakfast ladyodd layoutthe rivercookiesbreakfast roomthe usual fareboiled eggsnice breakfastski hillhotel is locatedhot tublobbydowntowndeskcarpetinghandicapped
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had a super time with friends touring the Keweenaw Peninsula. It was so nice to come back to our comfortable room-our beds were great. The pool, hot tub and sauna made the evening fun for all of us. It view was beautiful and it was also great to be able to walk to the downtown restaurants for supper. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful and kind. Thank you!

Room Tip: We liked the 3rd floor, it was close to the pool and the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel was so/so for the area. Following am leaving breakfast room we walk past the pool and find a baby about 6 months old placed in a stroller, no one was there. I looked around for a good 5 minutes. Baby was left next to the pool. Found a cleaning person she knew who’s baby it was. I asked why did the mother leave it unattended she said she doesn’t know she just does this. I asked how do you know this is she an employee? She said no and was quiet. I asked if she knows where mother is., she said no but the baby is strapped in. While she was watching the baby I called the front desk he said he would send someone down. When I got back to the pool the mom was back with her son, I asked why she left this baby near the pool alone. Why alone period! She said she had to get a yogurt. Lie we just got back from breakfast room she wasn’t there. I had a talk with her about this then her husband walks in. He is an employee there. He says nothing. All the cleaning people there knows this family and said nothing. The mother then said that she faced the baby at the camera and grandma can see her from the other side of the building. So I go to the front desk and asked the guy at the front desk what is going on, he obviously knows this is a common action at the hotel. In comes the grandma, she said what’s the worry, baby was strapped in and we watch from the monitor from the room behind the front desk. I asked if the guy at the desk was the manager. He didn’t answer stating he wasn’t getting in the middle of it he doesn’t have kids. Grandma said she was a good mom and the kids are in catholic school. Come to find out my friend said she left the baby in the front lobby as she waited for our rooms she had a little girl there with the baby who when spoke to ran away. The baby was alone again until the mother returned. Everyone there was upset we thought this was outlandish because there was a monitor and baby was strapped in. Ok these are the people who run our credit cards, go into our rooms with our things. They don’t know right from wrong. Don’t stay there. Any calls about this got me blank stares. Just don’t stay there it is really creepy!!!! If I would have seen that baby drown in the pool I would have died!!! Do not stay here!!!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank flattliined
QIandS_OfHoughton, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear flattliined,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our management team will review the situation and continue to ensure the safety and security of our guests.

Regards,

Felicia
Marketing Manager
Quality Inn and Suites

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We changed our travel plans a few days ago and could only get lodging at this hotel because of the usual tourism in the peninsula and an event at the university. It's a decent hotel although the layout is really quirky and I would've given it 4 stars if we hadn't paid $200!! for the room. I was glad to have a room since everything further north was full, but.....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nettie2010
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We stayed at this location to head out to see the colors on the Keweenaw Peninsula. The room was clean, and didn't smell like pets or smoke. The views of the riverfront were very pretty. We could see the bridge, small shops, and the boats traveling up and down the river. A ski hill is just across the river. The hotel is located in the downtown area, close to a nice walking trail along the river. Many shops and restaurants are also close by. The hotel is a little bit of a challenge to navigate inside as it is built on a slope with many levels and "wings". The pool area is actually on the second floor. Hot coffee and several varieties of cookies are available in the lobby. The front desk employee was very helpful and courteous. Our room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was nice. Included scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle maker, the usual fare of yogurt, boiled eggs and a variety of breads. Would recommend choosing a room on the "fifth" floor which provides the best views and also is away from the main parking area noise.

Room Tip: Fifth floor provided us with great views and a quiet nights stay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingWizard
Reviewed 16 September 2017

The hotel is on a one way street. It took us a couple tries to get to it. The hallway to the room was very hot, since the air conditioners all vented into it. The room itself was good. But I was mostly disappointed with the WiFi. I could only browse for about a minute at a time before getting booted off. When I travel, it is important for me to keep my family updated online. At checkout the man couldn't get my receipt to print and said he would email it to me. I never received it..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple