Lowest prices for your stay
US$103
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/02/23
Hotels.com
IHGUS$103
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2020

My wife and I stayed in the whirl pool suite on the 4th of July ... when we filled the tub for a bath , turned on the jets and black junk came out of the jets...not good for setting the mood ... told them about it in the morning ... hotel clerk asked why I didn't report it at the time ... told her I wasn't dressed for it ... she informed me they may take someyhing off the bill .... really I paid extra for the whirl pool I was affraid to use... not likely to ever go back there again

Room tip: don't turn on the jets while in the whirl pool tub
Date of stay: July 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Hello W1299ZOmarkz,

It's great to receive feedback from our visitors. Thank you for your time and effort to give your thoughts about your stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't confident about the cleanliness of the jet tub. We're all about making our guests feel comfortable, and I'm worried that you saw us on a different note. I went ahead and relayed your comments to our management and housekeeping teams. You can have my word that we'll take the necessary steps to enforce improvement. I hope that you can take the time to check the private message that I sent you.

We're looking forward to your return so we can give you a combined sense of comfort and happiness next time.

Stay safe,

Leni C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

I need to say up front that I did not stay here but I need to write this review. My daughter was home from college, traveling from the Detroit area to see some friends at MSU on MLK day. She took the car that my son uses when she is at college. My son had his baseball bags in the back, though he knew that she was taking the car, and he has a “showcase” with the new varsity baseball coach today. My daughter called after about an hour into her drive asking if her brother had gotten his stuff from the back. Of course not. She pulled off of I-96 and stopped at this Holiday Inn Express. She explained the situation and asked if f she could leave the bags there so I could pick them up. She also offered for me to pay when I get there. The host( I didn’t get his name) said sure and would not take any money. With this being said, I obviously did not stay and can’t comment on the rooms. I can say that the lobby was clean and they had fresh cookies waiting for people checking in. The same host was there and was incredibly nice when I arrived. I hope corporate sees this and I can’t express enough thanks for the kindness that you showed!!!
Thank you!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Srhonthefly
LisaV2270, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Even without staying with us, we take pride in our guest service and providing any assistance we can, to guests and our community.

We wish your son luck on the try-outs.!

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

I have travelled a lot and I found Holiday inn express to offer a superior lodging than many other chains. Granted you pay a bit more, but the product is high quality.

This HEI is no different. Rooms are spacious, unfortunately they have direct TV which went in and out during a rain storm. Breakfast is much better than many other chains though they lacked bananas one morning and on the other the bananas were over ripe

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
LisaV2270, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 30 September 2019

Easy check in, well oragnized, room very nice and clean. After we left for our meeting in Howell we were in a car accident. We are ok but had to go to the ER to get checked out. There were three of us in the room. We decided to call and ask if we could get a roll away bed so we did not have to sleep two in a bed and the hotel staff put one in the room at not charge, due to the situation. The staff even checked on us after we returned to the room offering any other support they could give. That was over and above what the needed to do. Every staff member we worked with was very customer service oriented. I am staying here for another meeting in October and can't wait to return.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
LisaV2270, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our staff always strives with excellence, and it sounds like they didn't disappoint you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

The location of this hotel couldn’t be more convenient. It has easy expressway access and is very close to so many dining and shopping options. There is also a movies nearby as well as sky zone trampoline place which is awesome for the kiddos.

The hotel is clean and everything is new. The staff was friendly. The pool is a decent size but does have a pretty strong chlorine smell. The kids enjoyed it.

I took off on my rating primarily because of
The deceptive room descriptions. I paid a bit extra for a double queen suite. This was as described on the hotels own website. This is NOT a suite. It’s a studio. There is no separation at all. Just two queen beds and a sofa bed. I paid the extra because I often wake up really early and wanted to be a bit separated with the light on. I mentioned this to the front desk and
She said they were well aware of the problem but no one on Mgmt side ever did anything about changing the descriptions. (1) shouldn’t you at least offer to reduce my rate because I’m not getting what’s described? and (2) fix this so other travelers have the right info.

I’d stay here again for convenience factor along.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SueTravelsWithKids
LisaV2270, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Howell, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Thanks for taking time to share your experience! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the great location in Howell as well as our excellent staff.. Please come visit us again soon!