All reviews by chance stayed here bear lodge place to stay great place awesome owners carrie campfire noise campground michigan trees cabin amenities sleep
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was looking for a place out of the city to spend some days with my kids and I found Best Bear Lodge. The room was perfectly clean and very comfortable and the campground has bbq and nice paths all around to enjoy with the family. Matt and Carrie work the whole day to make the guests feel comfortable and they know how to do it. We also enjoyed their company around the fire in the evenings. They give you advice about the area and surroundings. I would definitely recommend that place to anyone who likes nature and warm environment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelersXXI
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed in Sept '13 right after Matt & Carrie took over for a hunting trip and again with my wife & three year old daughter in July of this year for a family getaway. Loved it the first time and it was even better the second time. Making my reservations now for next month...

They are making improvements in all areas: new flat screen TV's with Dish, updating interiors and just generally freshening up the whole operation. Good AC, nice stove and fridge to use and great water pressure for showers.

Best feature though is the service from the owners- you get the feeling that they will do ANYTHING to make your stay better. This has become a twice a year staple for our trips to this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 493DaveJ
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a great place to stay the owner/operators are on site and what a great couple they are. I stayed in the cabin, there was plenty of outlets to plug into. The cabin was clean and the beds are comfortable. Access to ORV/Snowmobile trails right from the property, local places to eat just minutes away. I can't wait till I have the time off to go again. Great outdoor adventure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank James1405
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stumbled upon this hidden gem by accident while traveling Michigan looking for dirt bike trails. The owner and his wife did everything possible to make me feel like I was at home. I had given them about an hour's notice of my arrival, and after I checked in, I was shown to my camping cabin. In check-in pouch, they even included a bag of popcorn! I stayed in their camping cabin (more like a luxury home with no water) It was cleaner than I could have imagined. It was air conditioned, had 3 bunk beds with brand new mattresses, and a front porch near a small fire pit and picnic table. I commented to the owner about the strange lack of bugs outside, (unusual for Michigan this time of year) and he informed me that they treat the area multiple times a month to keep them away. I saw no mosquitos and it was awesome! The structure was built brand new this year, and it is a custom construction, wood frame structure with a tin roof. It was everything I needed. There was a separate building to use the bathroom, also newly constructed and had a great shower with an on-demand hot water heater (never runs out) The other units on site have full kitchens, bathrooms and great air conditioning. There are also camp sites with full hookups for the RV crowd and many rustic campsites if you prefer to sleep in a tent (which you can bring or they can provide) The access to the off road trails was right from the property. I didn't have to trailer my machine anywhere. It was a convenient distance from a few gas stops, and I rode some of the best single track Michigan has to offer. I can't wait to get back up there. Thanks Again!!

Room Tip: Anywhere on site is great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank johnknwd
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple days ago and was amazed by the beautiful setting. The Motel was very clean.The bathtub was relaxing and the water was always hot. We made friends with other couples staying there and they were saying they have been going up there to ride ATV'S and snowmobiles for over 15 yrs. We like the fact, we can access the trails in front of the motel and learned its legal to drive on the roads now. I love this little place and will be back often!!! P.S the fully equipped kitchen was nice and there are grills outside.

Room Tip: all the rooms have 3 Beds
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple