All reviews stayed here bear lodge place to stay great place awesome owners carrie noise campground michigan campfire trees cabin sleep
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We needed a place sleep close to where a friends funeral was being held. We also really wanted to cook breakfast as a family and have some family time. What a delight to meet owners Matt and Carrie. Our cabin was extremely clean and had all the amenities that we needed. I loved being able to cook the breakfast items I brought with me in the nice kitchen. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We stayed in the Over Yonder Cabin (my husband and our dog) for 2 nights and loved it! You have the luxury of a fully sized kitchen and full bath with everything you need with an outdoor space for campfires. Carrie is very welcoming and even came by mid-stay to see if there was anything we needed. The hospitality is 5 stars! We enjoyed our little getaway and would definitely recommend this place! :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

A friend and I were hoping to visit a nearby fishing cabin near Irons he had gone to as a child. That cabin had an outhouse and was pretty primitive. Best Bear Lodge had one cabin that was simple - with a nearby "Out Toilet". Great memories rekindled! The green Christmas tree lights on fir trees along the path to the "Out Toilet" cast magical green dots on the path. The hostess, Carries, goes out of her way to make everyone's stay great. The whole campground took up her attitude. Even those staying there were very friendly. The 2nd and 3rd nights we transferred to a 5th wheeler, which was as nice as a home. We had three great days here. The trout fishing nearby is world class. This is a great place in the country to visit. People came with tents, 5th wheelers, and RVs too.

Room Tip: Pretty good restaurants within 15 - 20 minutes. Ask Carrie.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Matt and Carrie are fantastic hosts. I stay here with my camper monthly and would recommend this campground to anyone. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here you will have a great time, close to everything in northern Michigan.

Bob & Sharon

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Searching for peace and quiet to write, I rented their rustic cabin for two weeks. Matt and Carrie are exceptional hosts. They are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and keep everything looking great. Truly went above and beyond as hosts. This is a place to go to get off the grid into the silence of coyotes at night and a beautiful night sky.

It is a super dog friendly spot. There are many places close by for a well-behaved dog to run off leash. My pup was the happiest he's been in his life. The rustic cabine was clean and quiet, with air conditioning and dish tv. Four bunk beds, microwave and small fridge, with a fire ring and picnic table outside. It would be small for more than two people needing to be indoors, but fine if you plan to go out to kayak or atv for the day. They had a larger RV that would host four people very well. Shower and restroom are across the way.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo