Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
US$98
Hotels.comUS$121
PricelineUS$121
Lol.travelUS$139
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2021

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for multiple nights over the Christmas holiday. We were optimistic since the hotel is still new and in a good location in Kalamazoo. To start, it is impossible to find the entrance to the hotel since there is no driveway off of West Main. The fact that I am from the area and therefore could make an educated guess of a back way in was the only saving factor. Being there is no signage to point the way, I honestly have no idea how people from out of town ever find their way to the hotel. I have great concerns over the state of disrepair our room was already showing, considering it is still "new". The furnishings are cute and in the style of Hobby Lobby or Pinterest. But they look and feel cheap and I can't see them lasting more than a few years at most. The walls of our room were absolutely riddled with small holes, dings and scrapes. The main window shade had a large tear in it. The cloth headboard had been completely defaced (maybe drawn on by a child?). The biggest disappointment was the absolutely horrible shower. The water pressure was so low it was difficult to wash my hair. I dreaded showering everyday because it took so long to get my hair wet. Being the holiday, there were barely any cars in the parking lot so the hotel was practically empty. Oddly, everyone was squeezed into one floor. An odd practice during Covid when there was the ability to spread people out? Our last night, we had a family next door to ours that had children screaming and throwing themselves against the walls. It was a nightmare. Again, there was no reason to put two rooms up next to each other. The halls and laundry room were dirty and littered. Again, with such limited guests, you would think it would be a great time to catch up on other duties.

The biggest positive was that everyone we encountered at the front desk was extremely friendly. The room also appeared to be clean.

I think we were so let down because we thought we were staying in a like-new hotel and it was sad to find it already in such a state of disrepair. Crowding guests into one area of one floor is unacceptable during Covid.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Kiki620
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn & Suites Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Hello Kiki620,

Thanks for the stay and feedback. I am very happy that you found our staff commendable. We always aim to provide an efficient and frictionless stay experience, but we still failed you. I am very sorry to hear that you had a hard time locating the entrance, the condition of the room, and the shower experience. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with management for review to take necessary actions to address these concerns.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 February 2020

I really like this Place. The staff up front, I believe her name is Kristen, she was very nice and pleasant. The room was nice and clean. My kids used the pool and I used the work out area, no issues. Later that night we did stop by the restaurant/bar area. Christy provided great service and was very nice to talk with. The assistant GM even stopped by to check on how we were doing while we were eating. All in all great service. Just a note, the restaurant is pay, so the breakfast isn't a free.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank andrewx12018
Reviewed 6 October 2019

The room was great everything was perfect pool was warm and fun the breakfast was topnotch. The staff were polite and helpful and the lobby was impeccable and clean. We had a big flat screen TV in our room with our BIG KING SIZE BED... Overall A++

Room tip: Always take the top floor very quiet.
Date of stay: October 2019