Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
US$61
Traveluro
US$60
PricelineUS$61
Hotels.comUS$61
FindHotelUS$61
All reviews front desk dog show room was clean visit family king room western michigan kalamazoo area redroof pets microwave highway maid rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2019

My family came to visit me in Kalamazoo for a long weekend, and I am so embarrassed that I let them stay at this hotel. Housekeeping never came into the room to clean or replace essentials such as soap/toilet paper/tissues. The shower had awful water pressure and I offered for them to shower in my apartment instead so that they could actually feel clean. The room was dirty when they checked in, with dusty floors and dog hair on the furniture, as though it hadn't been cleaned even before check in. People were outside at all hours of the night, drinking on car hoods and smoking, although this may not be the norm on weekdays. I happily stay at budget hotels all the time, but this was unacceptable. The location was fine, besides the proximity to the highway (which gets loud during rush hour), but I wish this were a higher quality option.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank 39joannas
Osamah M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2019

Thank you so much or taking the time out to share your experience. We love to hear where we can improve in areas that we lack. I wish we could do more about what happens outside, but I am excited to announce that we are renovating our rooms at this time to make all of our guest stay comfortable. I hope to see you in the future so you can experience the improvements we have made since our location is ideal for you.

Reviewed 2 October 2019

I really enjoyed my stay the lady working that night was always happy to help when I needed it and she made sure I felt important. Her name was Cathy Waldschmidt. She really made my stay what it was .

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2019

I have had excellent service from Cathy Waldschmidt! She was polite, courteous, fast and understanding! We appreciate everything she has done for us. I have been to many places and stayed at Red Roofs all across the United States and never had this good of service.

Rachel Humphrey

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Osamah M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the RED ROOF INN KALAMAZOO WEST - WESTERN MICHIGAN U. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. And I'm happy to announce that we have recently finished remodeling our rooms to offer our guests more welcoming rooms.

Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

It looks like they have a couple new faces at the counter. I was relieved to see pleasant people with pleasant attitudes (: great job with staff improvement !!
They were also flexibale with letting me chose a room on bottom floor considering I had a stroller and five month old with me

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Osamah M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2019

Thank you so much for such a positive review Sabrina. We are working very hard on taking all input we receive and incorporate them into making every ones visit a pleasant one. Cant wait for you to come visit us again.

Reviewed 29 July 2019

Stayed here 2 weeks ago but decided to give them another try. Love the location, but this hotel needs some renovations and a thorough cleaning. Both times, I've been disappointed by the lack of cleanliness. For the rate, I don't expect the Hyatt, but I do expect clean. I won't be back to this Red Roof.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Osamah M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the RED ROOF INN KALAMAZOO WEST - WESTERN MICHIGAN U. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for having issues with the cleanliness of our rooms.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Please contact me directly next time you plan to stay at a hotel in Kalamazoo so I can set you up with a discounted night gor the inconvenience.