Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$150
View deal
Booking.comUS$150
Hotels.comUS$150
TripadvisorUS$150
Priceline
Home2 SuitesUS$150
TravelocityUS$150
All reviews restaurants and shops fitness room indoor pool great stay great location h2s refrigerator property lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2021

New Hotel, I love the color skim, friendly hospitable staff. Great experience! The location is near all the main attractions of downtown Kalamazoo. Love the size you f the room, very secluded feel as well.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Chrissy Johnston, Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Kalamazoo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

mporter21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are thrilled to see that you had a great experience at our Home2 Suites in downtown Kalamazoo and that you enjoyed the aesthetics of the property in addition to the convenient location. Customer service is extremely important to our team and we couldn't be happier to see your kind comments regarding our staff. We hope to see you again soon! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Loved this Hilton and the attached restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel suite was fantastic and in a great part of downtown Kalamazoo in walking distance to plenty of places and restaurants. The beds were extremely comfortable. The indoor pool with outdoor patio and fire pit were awesome, and enjoyed by all in our party. The fitness room has all new equipment and more than met our needs too. Special shout out to the chef and waitstaff for our street tacos, spring rolls, salads, and small plates, as well as his special attention to food allergies within our party. The food was well done, and a nice way to end our busy day without having to venture back out. My daughter loved the New York Cheesecake and it's presentation, regretfully I didn't get a chance to photograph it before she dug in. Great stay with great amenities. Top pick for our trips to this area for sure!

Room tip: Parking available in the adjacent parking structure also let cated out n Rose.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Q1093YFvictoriam,

Thank you so very much for your review! We are extremely happy to see that you had a wonderful stay at our Home2 Suites in downtown Kalamazoo and enjoyed our location, the comfortable beds, pool, fire pit and restaurant. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and I am very pleased to see the level of service you received during your visit to our property. I will make sure to pass along your generous comments to our culinary team. We hope you will choose to stay with us during your next visit to the Kalamazoo area! Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

I spent three nights at the Home2 Suites in Kalamazoo recently. I normally stay at a different property but it seemed worth it to try something new. The hotel is connected to a Hilton Garden Inn next door - they share a pool, exercise room, and lounge.

I had an accessible basic king suite which included significantly more space, especially the bathroom. I was on the 8th (highest floor, window facing east).

Everything in the room was new and clean. The air conditioning was FANTASTIC (for those of you who consider that a top priority, as I do). The room includes a sitting area in addition the the bed as well as a refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. Plenty of dishes, glasses, and silverware. The room was extremely quiet (in part because I ran the a/c nonstop), no noise from the hall or outside overnight. Blackout shades kept the room dark long after sunrise.

The only real downside to the property is the parking situation. There is very limited (and metered) street parking around the hotel. I did not see any handicapped spaces at all. There is no drive up entrance, so there might or might not be space to unload luggage. Guests must use the parking garage about a block away, for $20 a night. I was told the garage was just completed when I complained that there was almost NO signage in it. I could see a skyway that connects it to the Hilton Garden Inn, but inside the garage there was no indication where the skyway entrance was located. The hotel was completely full and I had to park quite a distance from it - with no signs directing guests to this particular spot.

Likewise, there weren't signs inside the skyway or the HGI saying how to reach the H2S either. Turns out you must cross the skyway and then go down to the first floor to walk inside to the H2S. Also, be careful about exiting the parking garage. You take a ticket when you enter and the front desk gives out validation cards, but they look almost exactly alike and unless you insert the correct one in the correct direction when leaving, the gate won't go up.

Would I stay here again? Perhaps in the summer when weather is not a concern. But in the winter I would not want to be walking in a large drafty parking garage when other local hotels allow parking literally a few steps outside property doors.

Room tip: Rooms facing west overlook construction of new courthouse; rooms facing north overlook Amtrak station
1  Thank Spacrawler

Spacrawler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Home2 Suites in downtown Kalamazoo! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your suite and especially the air conditioning (we know how hot those Kalamazoo summers can be!) and guestroom amenities. Thank you so very much for your feedback on parking at the properties. I will make sure to pass along your suggestions to our management team. We greatly appreciate constructive feedback and are constantly looking for ways to enhance our guests' stay. We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Kalamazoo area. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

We chose to stay in this hotel because we saw that it was brand new (opening in June) but were so disappointed when the entire hotel, including our room, was already dirty and run down. Hotel staff was not particularly helpful especially when it came to navigating the attached parking garage. Do not park in the parking garage if you come here, there were literally people living in the parking garage and it smelled VERY STRONGLY of urine.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Chrissy Johnston, Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Kalamazoo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

danyoung444,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. Being that our hotel is brand new and we take pride in the cleanliness of our property, I am disappointed to see that you had a less than stellar stay. I will make sure to pass along your comments to management. If you could please contact me directly with details of your stay, that would be helpful in communicating with our staff. I can be reached at cjohnston@dorahotelco.com or 317-863-4745. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the Kalamazoo area, you will consider giving us another chance. I will be happy to ensure your next stay with us is perfect. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

Staff failed to acknowledge HHonors. They were more concerned w/ the personal business than taking care of paid guests. Zero QA for housekeeping staff. I found trash/ dirt in sleeper sofa and corners.

ctbinning,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for being our guest in addition to being an HHonors member. Cleanliness and customer service are top priorities of ours and I am disappointed to see that we did not meet your standards, nor ours. I will make sure our management staff is aware of the concerns you had during your stay. We greatly appreciate each guest that walks through our doors and value the loyalty of our HHonors members. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I would be more than happy to speak with you. I can be reached via email: cjohnston@dorahotelco.com or via phone: 317-863-4745. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.