Lowest prices for your stay
Hampton
US$105
US$105
FindHotel
US$96
Booking.comUS$105
PricelineUS$105
Lol.travelUS$106
All reviews room faced the airport airport parking lot front desk sliding door clean hotel convenient location great room the breakfast area bed was comfortable bagels noise inns bedding housekeeper tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2021

The manager Dj should not be a manager!!!! He is terrible at speaking with customers and had a terrible Attitude making our stay feel uncomfortable. He spoke on the phone with me with a very unprofessional bad attitude even though I was calm speaking.

Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2021

We stayed at the Hampton Inn September 28,2021 for just one night while visiting a few local attractions. The facility was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

It’s location is convenient to the Kalamazoo Air and Space Museum, close to downtown Kalamazoo, Portage and less than a half hour pleasant country drive to the Gilmore car Museum in Hickory Corners. There’s many restaurants nearby as well. The I-94 expressway exit/entrance ramps to Portage road nearest the hotel were all closed due due expressway reconstruction.

Reviewed 29 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel was nice.
When you first arrive tho, it’s weird. You arrive by the front doors and it seems like there’s no parking. It’s to the side I realized after looking. I really appreciate that the side door was automatic as I had a lot of luggage to log in and opening a door would’ve been a pain trying to get a luggage cart in. And the side door is locked as well.

My room (209) was a king and sofa. Nicely decorated. The bathroom was amazing with a HUGE walk in shower! It seems like the hotel was renovated!
I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste at home and sadly, they didn’t have any there to use but the front desk lady and a younger gentlemen along with her (9/19 evening shift), really went out of their way trying to find some! She went to the housekeepers cart and I just found that so nice of them to do.

Also it’s right in front of the airport. Now I may have been oblivious or running errands, but I didn’t hear a single plane landing or taking off; which is nice. I know Kalamazoo is a small airport but still, you would still expect to hear a jet!

Great selection at the hotel snack shop too! A little pricey, but still good!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank joshl389
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Honestly, if you want to over pay for a dirty room, dirty pool that isn’t even warm enough to swim in, and a middle school breakfast then go ahead and stay here. Because for the price of at least $200 you’ll be paying for black spots on bedding and a gross ass shower and have the staff just blow
You off

Reviewed 2 September 2021

If you are a lifetime Diamond Member do not reserve a room. On 09/01/2021, I arrived a few minutes (10 or so) before 11:00 PM. The afternoon clerk, DJ, was still there. I was checked in by the night auditor. At the completion of my checking in, I asked for my lifetime Diamond Member perks. The afternoon clerk gave me two bottles of water. I expressed my desire to get a beverage to which DJ answered "we have them for $2 apiece". Every guest can get a bottle of water. I mentioned the other Hampton Inns have a display of some local sweets for those with frequent staying credentials. DJ said the local sweet at this hotel was his "sweet smile".

Room tip: My tip, do not expect lifetime Diamond Member perks here. I arrived late, the afternoon clerk's (DJ's) attitude upset me.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Douglas Trine, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Good afternoon, We Thank you for your recent stay with us, and appreciate the your business. I did take the time to repsond via email to you. Please check your emails. Have A Wonderful Day !!