Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FourPoints.com
Expedia.comUS$103
Booking.comUS$103
Priceline
TravelocityUS$103
All reviews nice bathroom onsite restaurant front desk staff nice hotel off the highway early check minute drive lobby properties linens tub mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

The staff is 5 star!! Everyone at front desk is top notch. From check in to check out. I needed an iron at 10 pm and they found one. They are all keepers & hotemos lucky to have them.

Rating is minus 2 stars due to expecting more from a Sheraton. The hall ways are a bit dark, carpets dirty, smells musty. Rooms have been redone. beds & pillows get a 5. Oddly little decoration in rooms. Wall with TV and window wall have nothing - feels unfinished. The towels I would give 0 stars. Little arm chair needs a end table or foot rest. Otherwise not really functional.

The washcloths felt like burlap and seem so used - you could see through them. The bath towel was the size of the towel I wrap my baby in or my largest tea towel at home. It was also old & scratchy. The hand towel was branded “Sheraton” and it was great quality - wish all the towels were their brand. A/C is VERY loud. Had to turn up TV really loud to hear over it. IF A/C fan is off the highway is quite loud. Time for new windows.

Nice food choices in store being made in house since restaurant not open yet.

Room tip: Bring ear plugs
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tervfan
Valerie Smead, Guest Services / Front Office at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Hello tervfan,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff, and the to-go meal selections made in house by our chef! Thank you as well for the honest feedback about the other aspects of your stay.

Although we remodeled our rooms in 2019, the Marriott required design package doesn’t work as well for our older property as it does at other Four Points. We are working on replenishing our linen stock with the wonderful towels we normally have. Due to COVID the production and delivery times from our suppliers is extremely delayed. This is a major challenge the hotel industry is facing nationwide.

Once again, thank you for the review, and we hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to Kalamazoo!

Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

The good first: solid Sheraton bed and nice bathroom countertops. Good sheets and pillows. The bed and the pillows are the main attributes needed to have a decent hotel and these are 4 or 5 star worthy pieces of the Four Points Kalamazoo. The shower and bath had the high quality Speakman nozzles. The front desk people are great folks too. I apologize in advance to the front desk staff for having to rate you as a 2 out of five but the overall dirtiness of the hotel pretty much overrides the good.

The bad: the hvac unit did not cool the room much at all. The hvac unit was also filthy (see photos). The bath towels are in nearly as bad a shape as my old college towels were long ago. Someone had slapped a dirty handprint on the reflective stainless in the elevator and I’d bet it was still there today.

I’m not sure if Marriott has decided to let the old Starwood brands go or not but I’d recommend they get back on the road and visit some of their properties carrying their brand. This hotel needs a major facelift and deep cleaning to bring it back to Marriott standards or it should probably be rebranded as a budget line hotel brand.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank J8513USjohnh
Elena Kitterman, Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear J8513USjohnh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your much-valued feedback. So great to see how much you enjoyed our hospitality. It was truly our pleasure and privilege getting to take care of you, and I can’t wait to share your review with the staff. We’re extremely sorry that your experience related to our in room amenities was not up to par. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, we sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well.

I am sharing your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure similar situations do not happen in the future. As a valued customer, thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Kalamazoo!

Reviewed 29 November 2020

* Good policy on face coverings required for guests and staff during Covid19, and signs at every entrance and elevator. Hand sanitizer also at the elevator.
* When I checked in, front desk staff was like at a 4 or 5 star hotel.
* I briefly encountered two different room service staff in the halls. Again, top notch in personality, like at a 4 or 5 star hotel and seemed happy so probably paid above other hotels.
* Furniture in room was spotless for dust -- in my experience, better than a 4 star hotel. Furniture was nice.
* The carpet doesn't look nice, but doesn't look dusty. Still, the room smelled dusty. I don't kbow why. Maybe the air conditioner?
* Bathroom was well cleaned, had a new floor, but an old tub, oddly dirty ceiling, and the craftwork at the baseboards looked badly done, like at a 2 star hotel. They evidently got that work done cheaply. I'm not a craftsperson and I think I would have done a better job or at least covered the gaps with some caulk.
* Shower drainage was acceptable, though certainly not four star.
* Overall, this has some aspects above 3 star and some below 3 star hotels. For this price, I give it 4 stars. I consider it a good deal at $80 per night and below, and a fair deal at $100. Still, it might be a better deal than other hotels in the area, depending on the prices when one visits.

Date of stay: November 2020
Elena Kitterman, Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

We appreciate your feedback, Ashi_Evanston, and hope you will return to our hotel property again in the near future. Take care and stay well!

Reviewed 27 November 2020

I can’t Rate high enough about Holly, super friendly, super sincere and knows how to engage in conversation. We travel throughout the country and Most of the time front desk wants to get you in and. Get you to your room, Holly was SPOT ON, she is proud of what she does and it shows. She is a GREAT asset to this hotel. Thanks again Holly for great customer service

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Jefkim17,

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback from you regarding your stay and the experience made by our Guest Services
Agent, Holly. We strive to take care of each of our guests, every time, and very happy to hear you say that we landed that mark.

Have a great day and we hope to see you again, soon. Take care and stay well!

Reviewed 21 August 2020

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo while traveling home with my wife and infant. We were looking for a nice hotel to stay overnight to break up a long drive home. We had previously stayed at other Four Points by Sheraton, so we had relatively high expectations. Unfortunately, we were disappointed with our accommodations.

The check-in process was fast and everyone at the front desk was very kind and helpful. We were settling in our room within fifteen minutes of our arrival. The room had a standard king-size bed, dresser, desk, microwave, and mini fridge. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were clean, too. The bathroom in the room was small but modern and had plenty of lighting and counter space. Unfortunately for us, the mini fridge did not have a small freezer compartment, and we desperately needed one to store our little one’s milk. Thankfully, the kind staff let us use a freezer down by the front desk.

While the hotel restaurant was closed, there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, and gas stations within a 5-minute drive of this hotel.
Unfortunately, there are not many other positives to speak of with our stay.

1. While the room was adequate, it was incredibly plain and had a ton of wasted, empty space on the far side of the room. The only lighting in the room was from lamps and the window, so the room felt incredibly dark. I don’t think I have ever stayed in a hotel with almost nothing on the wall but paint; the room had 1 mirror and 3 framed pictures over the bed, but that was it!

2. The room was only prepared for 1 occupant. Only one set of towels and pillows were in the room when we arrived. Unfortunately, we didn’t realize until the morning that there was only one serving of coffee and condiments as well. While I assume it may be an issue with the Marriott website site, we had specifically requested extra pillows, towels, and a crib at booking. However, none of these were in the room when we arrived. There was documentation in the room stating that all these items were available upon request, but what was the point of requesting these in advance if we have to ask again?

3. We weren’t able to use the in-room, cordless phone to request these items, as the handset would not charge. I tried a few times to place the handset in the charger, but the handset still wouldn’t charge. We wound up using our cell phones instead.

4. There was only one functional luggage cart available to use, and it barely fit in the small hotel elevator. I would recommend planning for multiple trips if you have a lot of belongings to bring to your room.

5. This hotel is definitely showing its age. The room and hallways had very dated, worn carpeting. The furniture in our room was very worn with scratches and dents. The window treatments were old (however, they were decent in blocking out light for our little one). The ceilings in the hallways were very low. Everything about this hotel felt very old. It felt as if this hotel was a different chain in the past and Four Points only changed the sign on the building.

Overall, while we were disappointed with our stay, it served our purposes of staying just one night and was a good value. However, we will definitely look elsewhere if we need to stay in this area again. While this hotel may have the Four Points by Sheraton name, it certainly does not live up to it.

Date of stay: August 2020
Valerie Smead, Guest Services / Front Office at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Hello Chad1640,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! Thank you as well for the kind words about our staff and the cleanliness of the room.

I understand how difficult it can be travelling in the current environment, especially with a family. I apologize your stay was not as seamless as it could have been. I hope I can provide some clarity for those aspects of the stay.

As you mentioned, we are an older property. Although all our guest rooms were remodeled in 2019, the Marriott design & lighting package isn’t as functional in our building as it may be in newer hotels. Another quirk of our older building are our smaller elevators. We have specially ordered luggage carts designed to fit the smaller space. I wish it had been foundationally possible to install larger elevators during our remodel!

Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we are keeping a minimum amount of supplies and amenities in each of our rooms to limit items that could become contaminated. We remove all linens, even unused, from rooms after the guest checks out.

We have had some technical glitches with the mobile request and chat system and are working with our IT team to ensure we are receiving all guest requests. The next time you stay with us, please call or stop by the front desk if there is anything we can provide or repair to make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you again, and I do hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you’re in Kalamazoo!