“Excellent BBQ in Lansing”
Review of King of the Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
King of the Grill
Ranked #46 of 483 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The exterior of the restaurant, appearing to have been a revamped fast food joint of yesteryear, deceives you (except for the siting of the bbqer in the back of the parking lot with smoke and strong bbq scent filling the air, and once inside though not much different than a common diner, the meal is extraordinarily excellent! The servings are large even the sides. The beef brisket was exceptional-taste, and moist flavorful . A couple of sauces to try, I usually go for the sweet baby Rays; the beans were generous in portions and very good , and the cheesy potatoes will not disappoint. Give it a try...there really isn't much else out there on the North side of Lansing (very close, 2 minutes to the airport) and the food will keep you looking for ways to get back there. The workers are pleasant.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I have eaten BBQ in Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, and many other states and this place is just as good or better than some that I have had. You still can't beat doing it yourself but. I will be back when I come back to Lansing, Mi. And I do recommend you try the.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

The beef brisket and pork spare ribs are amazing. The other meats and the sides, are not nearly as good. I usually stick to ordering these two meats to take home and pair with my own homemade sides.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I go to all the BBQ places in the Lansing area..is this the best..maybe not on some things..but for the money i think it is the best..reasonably priced and good sides...you cant go wrong...great place to put in big tray orders for groups

Reviewed 1 January 2016

I love this little BBQ joint. The owner is super nice, clearly is a man of the faith that believes in Love, the Spartans, and good BBQ. I'm amazed whenever I have his chicken breast - great smoke and always moist. Whenever I work out of my Lansing office my seven year old begs me to stop. Cheap and good.