“Classy and friendly”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing service and great atmosphere. Best thing here was there were no tvs in dining area part. There could've been one in the bar area, but we didn't eat in there. They had some nice classical music playing but just loud enough to barely hear it. They have a big wine and beer slection, and huge food menu with daily specials. I tried both the chicken noodle and Reuben soup, so good. My husband got the sea food risotto and I had a pastrami sandwich. Both were great. The menu says all their lunch meat is made right in house. Our waitress treated us with such respect. Even brought our daughter out a cup of water in a little cup with a bendy straw, she loved it. Must stop here while in Lansing.

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Wow, thank you so much! We do not even have tvs in the bar area:) We do make all of our deli meats in house and we sell them retail through the restaurant. I hope you find yourself in Lansing again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My family and I dined here at 5pm on a Saturday after first making a reservation, and were glad we did because it did get busy! I was immediately struck by the open space and the bright and pleasant ambiance, and we were greeted and seated right away. The menu is lengthy and varied, even pleasing my vegan husband. And all of our dishes were excellent, surpassing expectations. My Lamb Ragu was perfect, my husband's Ethiopian Vegan Stew well-spiced and delicious, even my family's choice of chef salad came out looking surprisingly fresh and tasty, with perfectly ripe avocado on top and homemade dressing on the side. And their house cocktail happened to be very similar to one I've been making at home this summer! The craft beer and wine list also looked intriguing. We all left very pleased and satisfied. I'd be a regular if it were in my town, and I will definitely be a regular whenever I visit! Thank you Soup Spoon Cafe!, highly recommended.

Thank you so much, what a great review! We are so glad that you decided to give us a try while in town, we hope you can find many more excuses to visit Lansing!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great local style restaurant with interesting food and preparation. Excellent selections with creative touches.

Angela M, Manager at Soup Spoon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The quality of the food and service has gone down significantly over the past two years and this is no longer a place I put at the top of the list.

I am so sorry for your recent experience with us! We greatly appreciate the feedback and i would love to have the opportunity to hear more from you on this. We want to be able to improve and make sure that we are always providing the best service and food. Please email me at soupspoonangela@gmail.com or call at 517-316-2377.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Bustling atmosphere at lunch. Excellent choices of soups and special dishes daily. I had a pumpkin bisque that was thick and creamy. Service is excellent.

Thank you so much! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us!