See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I have grown to love this new hotel. I work outside of Detroit and enjoy the downtown night life, so the location of this hotel is great. It’s always clean and the staff is always friendly. They offer a free breakfast and it is in a safe and well lit area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jonathan N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit Northwest - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Livonia, MI. I am glad that the hotel is growing on you and we value you as a loyal guest to the IHG brand. I am glad that you are able to head downtown to enjoy the night life and all it has to offer. It is our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to the more opportunities to come.

Jonathan N

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My room was a single king. Nice and cleaned to detail. However, totally unable to rest because upstairs guests were extremely loud even walking was heard at times. Lasted for over an hour... thought it would end. Also didn’t think such activity would be allowed in an establishment that is frequently used for business stay. That’s why I selected facility. Disappointed at having to calling front desk about guest. Problem was addressed quickly. But unfortunately, it was a very counterproductive attempt for me to rest and relax mentally to aid in pain relief holistically. However, staff was nice and called to tell me that I will be contacted by manager. Hopefully problem will be addressed properly with genuine concern. Never know what each guest is seeking. But comfortable bedding, nice size room.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for quietness
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jonathan N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit Northwest - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear k w,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Livonia, MI. I apologize for any disturbances you had to experience while trying to enjoy a peaceful and comfortable stay. I am glad that the Front Desk staff was able to shut it down immediately. We do have a No Party policy in place to ensure all guests are receiving quiet and comfortable stays. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding the beds, and want to ensure that going forward we do what we can to make sure that the hotel is enjoyable for all guests.

Jonathan N.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When first arriving to the hotel room we checked the sheets on our bed. One of our beds had blood on the fitted sheet and the shower also had pubic hair in it. After being grossed out my husband went to the front desk and explain the situation to them and also showed them pictures. The manager gave us a different room. After moving to our second room we noticed that that room also was not very clean. There was a stain on the floor underneath a table and also chips that were broken up into pieces. It seems like the housekeepers were not into a very detail-oriented cleaning but just wanted to get the room done. The shower in the second bathroom also had pubic hair in it. In both bathrooms there was dirt on the floor in the corners of the room. It felt as though these hotel rooms are not having a deep cleaning but just something quick to get it done. Once leaving our second hotel room we ran into the manager out into the hallway. We told him about the pubic hairs in the shower and also the food on the floor. The manager offered to go and clean the room while we went out to dinner. After arrivng back from dinner my husband talk to the manager. The manager stated that he cleaned the shower out himself and also cleaned the food off of the floor. The next morning when we were leaving my daughter became sick in the hallway and threw up on the carpet. When my husband went to the front desk to tell an employee, named Raphael, he acted like we were the worst people in the world. He put his hand on his head like we committed a crime. Instead of asking if our daughter was okay he made us feel like we were criminals. My husband went to show Raphael where our daughter threw up and we never saw anyone clean the floor up after that. We stay to eat breakfast and no one ever cleaned the carpet. While the hotel is only 6 months old, it seems as though the management and front desk workers are going to run it into the ground. The front desk people are not friendly except for the manager and a coiple of people working at the breakfast buffet. I would not say this place again. Definitely not worth the price that we pay to stay there. Also disappointed how my debit card was charged the full price of the room the day before and also a $50 fee that they charge. So now I am charged the full room Price Plus $50 on my debit card before I have even stayed there. Not cool. Very disappointed in the quality of the hospitality we received.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Angie H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit Northwest - Livonia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Hello Angie H,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that the room cleanliness and level of service received fell below expectations. I want all your stays with us to be pleasant. I know this requires our capacity to provide you with a clean room and excellent customer service. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management as reference for the improvement of the services we offer. I trust the measures taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you us another chance to serve you better.

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 February 2018

My wife and i stayed here because it was near the ice hockey rink in redford ..very new and clean and breakfast was good ..the front desk staff was very nice and friendly ..we would stay here again if in the area..

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Newer hotel. Modern style that we really enjoyed. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Check in was easy and welcoming. Very convenient location to the freeway. Our only drawback...the bed was a bit on the firm side for our tastes, but not sleep disrupting hard. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family